Sponsored by:

Remote Top Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 06:39 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Remote Top Installation

I just installed the RemoteTop in my 2004 996 Turbo Cab. Everything works perfectly except...

Whe the top is down and I lock it using the one touch feature, the top goes all the way to the closed position, but the windows remain open.

Did I miss a programming step? I went through the manual several times, but can't find anything on this.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:22 PM
SSST
Drifting

Figured it out. FWIW... In 2004 Porsche changed the programming on the 996 cab. I apparently also need to install SmartTop to get everything working right.

It would be nice if they stated this in the product description so you could order both at once. It would be even nicer if they gave you package deal on both products.

I'm not nearly as irritated by the extra cost as I am by the wait to get another product and then working in the time to install it.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SSST
Figured it out. FWIW... In 2004 Porsche changed the programming on the 996 cab. I apparently also need to install SmartTop to get everything working right.

It would be nice if they stated this in the product description so you could order both at once. It would be even nicer if they gave you package deal on both products.

I'm not nearly as irritated by the extra cost as I am by the wait to get another product and then working in the time to install it.
I think the problem is that the SmartTop was their first product for the 996. The RemoteTop just adds some extra features but I didn't realize not having a Smart module limited the function of the Remote module. If it makes you feel any better, the Smart module is very useful and I'm glad I have both.

BTW, all the features were combined into one module for the 997.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:56 AM
SSST
Drifting

Got the SmartTop today and installed it tonight. Everything works perfectly now. It's nice not to have to hold the button down, and I like the automatic door lock/unlock feature as well as the ability to open and close the top with my remote.

Very convenient, but a little expensive for both modules.

Quick Reply: Remote Top Installation