Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Fender liner / antirust coating scratched : what to use as repair/patch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 11:50 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Fender liner / antirust coating scratched : what to use as repair/patch?

Today I went ahead and installed my rear suspension from my RoW-M030 kit. It was not too hard, but in the process, the top struts bolt, which are very pointy, scratched a little bit my inner fender liner coating and I wonder what should I use to touch it up. They are two little scratch dot sized, but I can see that the antirust/protectiion coating is gone and I can see the bare metal.

I am talking about that mushy coating, with wavy paint aspect, inside the fender on the upper side, right by where the strut attaches.

I assume I could just leave it like this and rust might come in ten years, but I want to make it right.

is there any special product I can use ? Or should I simply apply a good thick coat of paint ?

Last edited by philooo; 04-19-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: edited pain -> paint
Old 04-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Goldenwarrior1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by philooo
? Or should I simply apply a good thick coat of pain ?
That might hurt a little Seriously though, you can get ruberized undercoating at your local auto parts store. However, instead of spraying directly onto your car, I would suggest spraying onto a piece of cardboard and then using an acid brush or small paint brush carefully coat the area and let it dry good before driving the car.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:14 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I corrected the typo thanks for your help Tom. I knew something like that existed but it will be much easier to find it now that I know how it is called "ruberized undercoating"

Quick Reply: Fender liner / antirust coating scratched : what to use as repair/patch?