Sponsored by:

An aftermarket item I wish someone made

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Steve2112
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An aftermarket item I wish someone made

Maybe someone will steal this idea and produce some product - if you do, I want 10% My guess is someone already makes one....

Anyways, I have an 2004 40th Anniversary Edition. I wish they did a couple of extra things making the car even more special - like a widebody read end. One can dream....

The look I would like to have is similar to the C4S where there is extra red lense that goes from tail light to tail light.

I would love to see a company come out with a replacement rear deck (the trunk so to speak) - it would still have the rising spoiler, but the bottom ~4" would be the red lense, so when you close it - it has that classic look like this:

(I put a comparison shot beneath it so you can picture the long red lense.)

Old 04-04-2011, 08:25 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts

Interesting. I admit that I never noticed the difference. The C4S reflector makes it very 993-like. I agree that it would be a great mod.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I believe that the standard rear spoiler for both cars have the same dimensions and mounting points and electrical connections (since the reflector is not lighted from inside).

I could be wrong. But I don't think that Porsche widened the car in the middle for the C4S. Just the fender areas.

I have often wondered about this myself as a potential upgrade, but I have the factory original taco spoiler, so it won't work for me because I don't want to give that up for the reflector and some other add-on spoiler.

I would think that you could get a complete C4S engine cover from a Porsche dismantler.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 PM
MiamiC70
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I like mine as is don't feel the extra red reflector compliments it at all.

Should have come with a fixed spoiler and wide back but hey I guess they have to save something for the 50th anniversary
Old 04-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundertub
I believe that the standard rear spoiler for both cars have the same dimensions and mounting points and electrical connections (since the reflector is not lighted from inside).

I could be wrong. But I don't think that Porsche widened the car in the middle for the C4S. Just the fender areas.

I have often wondered about this myself as a potential upgrade, but I have the factory original taco spoiler, so it won't work for me because I don't want to give that up for the reflector and some other add-on spoiler.

I would think that you could get a complete C4S engine cover from a Porsche dismantler.
Incorrect, they are not the same.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Agree with Marc here. The rear spoilers are not the same size from narrow body to wide body.

Quick Reply: An aftermarket item I wish someone made