Sponsored by:

durametric purchased but still confused

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:38 PM
JSmith5690
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default durametric purchased but still confused

I purchased the durametric diagnostic tool but I don't understand how to use it very well. I ran the "short test" on car and it gave me the following codes:

Short Test
Bosch Digital Motor Electronics Motronic 5.2.2
Current Fault Codes
P1602:
Supply voltage Open circuit
FREEZE FRAME INFORMATION
P0300:
Misfire damaging to cat. converter
FREEZE FRAME INFORMATION
P0301:
Cylinder 1 misfire damaging to cat. converter
FREEZE FRAME INFORMATION
P1319:
Misfire emissions-relevant
FREEZE FRAME INFORMATION
P1313:
Cylinder 1 misfire emissions-relevant
FREEZE FRAME INFORMATION
P1411:
Secondary air injection system Cylinder (4-6) Signal implausible
FREEZE FRAME INFORMATION
P0410:
Secondary air injection system Cylinder (1-3) Signal implausible
FREEZE FRAME INFORMATION

Airbag B05
Current Fault Codes
45:
Belt buckle, driver
46:
Belt buckle, driver

3:
Supply voltage

Seat Memory
Current Fault Codes
26:
Potentiometer left mirror Open circuit vertical

24:
Potentiometer left mirror Open circuit horizontal

I was hoping the software would help me understand what to replace/repair, but I don't understand the codes. Am I doing it correctly? Some advice please. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd save some data files as the car runs now before resetting the faults. Then reset and see what comes back and work from there.

Not sure if you have any noticeale problems with the car. I'm thinking some faults might be from before and engine starts with out some things connected.

Make sure you read the instructions. I believe there are mentions of do not take any data from while driving the car as whats really going on. Plus I don't think the program was designed for reading while playing rev the engine and let it drop back down. There is also making sure the laptop is not on battery power. A convertor plugged in the lighter could get away from that warning window.

First thing I'd do is change the spark plugs if they have never been changed by you. The program isn't going to say your spark plugs are fouled. The way I look at it is number ones plug could be giving up the ghost with too much carbon build up. Whatevers right.

PS thanks for giving me the idea to check and see if there is a new version other than the test beta I last tried
Old 03-16-2011, 03:18 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

do you have motronic 5.2.2? what year do you have? any specifics.... like pics?
Old 03-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

You can also go google searches on the code #s and you'll learn more information. Per the OBDII standards, the code #s are universal for all cars.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:07 PM
JSmith5690
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
do you have motronic 5.2.2? what year do you have? any specifics.... like pics?
I have a '99 3.4
It is basically stock with an aftermarket fresh air intake/filter (I believe to be Evoms, by previous owner) and Fabspeed exhaust.

It has constant CEL and airbag light. I know the airbag is seat buckle according to my dealer.

It runs like crap right now...missing, etc. Was hoping the durametric would help me decifer the codes into a repair plan in layman's terms.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 100 Posts

I would start by looking for a vacuum leak causing your car to misfire and run poorly. I would begin by looking at the secondary air injection system lines for that leak. Here's a helpful link that describes the system and the replacement of the secondary injection valve if that's the problem:

http://p-car.com/996/diy/sai/mainpage.html

Here's a helpful link on tracking down vacuum leaks in a boxster that might be helpful too:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...cuum_Leaks.htm

Good luck!

-Shawn
Old 03-17-2011, 02:36 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When the engine is cold check and see if the #1 plug is loose and check the O2 sensors for being tight or even present with wires on good.

I'm not sure if a bad plug condition would cause a chain of events starting with a misfire fooling the secondary air into thinking the engine is still cold making that system give non matching info so its "Signal implausible". Maybe even the last guy in there hooked wires up wrong. Anythings possible. I don't think the computer has the ability to know if the spark plug wire are all connected to the proper plugs either. Wouldn't be the first time for that one either. Don't let the data fool you into thinking it will lead the way. It's normally the same old world of problems with more data to take your time instead of doing standard trouble shooting and elimanation of possibilities.

Quick Reply: durametric purchased but still confused