Power windows in-op after battery failure

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Goldenwarrior1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power windows in-op after battery failure

2002 C4S Manual Trans with 96K miles.
Thought I would provide this in case someone else should stumble into the same problem. A few weeks ago I dropped the motor and transmission to replace the AOS and while in there replace the clutch and inspect the IMS bearing. The clutch and AOS went in without a hitch but when I went to reconnect the battery I found it had died in the several weeks of sitting. (Awaiting parts for 10 days due to bad parts shipped on first order). When I replaced the battery the car started and ran like a champ but I had lost the power windows and interior lights. Also, when I tried to lock the car I got the double beep indicating some type of alarm failure/problem. I spent several hours tracing circuits and verifying fuses for the power windows and finally came to the conclusion that the problem was in the alarm circuit and not the power windows. I started with fuse A1 and began pulling every fuse in the box until I reached fuse C3 which was blown. When I went to the fuse diagram it turned out to be the alarm module fuse. Replaced and everything is working perfect.

On another note, after pulling the flywheel I was quite surprised to see the revised single row 3605 bearing with larger diameter stud and nut configuration installed on my 2002 car. This could mean one thing; the engine had been replaced by a Porsche remanufactured engine. The engine serial number confirms it is a 2006 engine. I am the 3rd owner and bought the car that had been a trade-in at a local P-Dealer and they didn’t seem to know the engine had been replaced. Best as I can tell the engine was replaced under warranty in 2006 by Porsche. Lucky me and a nice find as I didn’t have to pay for the IMS upgrade.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:06 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

Congrats, Happy suprise on the engine replacement

Quick Reply: Power windows in-op after battery failure