Sponsored by:

Sprint Booster installed - initial impressions in post #1

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 05:08 PM
RPMulli
Banned

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Pac996
I hear doing a DIY Toyota floor mat install does the same thing plus gets you out of tickets.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:14 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by peavynation
I'd really like to try this, but seems like a big chunk of change for what it is.
Probably just a couple resistors and capacitors like they had on those infamous MAF mods awhile ago.

Someone should take one apart and do some reverse engineering but I gotta feeling the creators were smart and removed all the values on the components and expoxied the hell out of it so no one could gain access to the components.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:00 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
Cons
Sucks on the street DD.... Has a tendency to oscillate
May decrease tb life
Redridge - Can you elaborate please? I was just about sold on this until I read your comments.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I imagine all it's doing is sending signals of more throttle input ie if it's playing like it's sportier the thing says you floored it triggers a tips downshift mode instead of the driver having to laborishly move his foot a couple inches downward. Itermitent burst signals of full throttle probably wouldn't be noticed by the driver in either stick or tip where it would at least keep the tip prone to stay in a lower gear. That's about the only good thing I could think of is the tip driver wanting to stay in automatic and the lowest gear. Not even sure if the thing does just that. I'm also not even sure if it's any good for the ECU's control unit to be hitting it with command like that which would keep it's processor running more data ie more heat in its system.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:22 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

I have one on my tip, and aside from the RoW M030 suspension, it's the best mod I've done so far. I love it. Car is a lot more fun to drive. That's all.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:48 AM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Skiracer - Love those wheels!

I have the RoW M030 suspension on my wish list. Have you also done motor mounts?
Old 02-26-2011, 02:07 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by wyovino
Redridge - Can you elaborate please? I was just about sold on this until I read your comments.
on the street sprint booster set to hi.... eg, stop and go traffic, the throttle is too sensitive at initial touch of the pedal... the car takes off, so you back off, but slows down to much, back on the throttle, car takes off....etc. then the car starts to oscillate.... in other words, hi setting in traffic makes smooth driving difficult. No big deal though, just shut the booster off to use factory settings. When the car is moving @25mph, hi setting is just fine... ideal on the track IMO.

As for lessening TB life.... essentially a sprint booster is a device that modifies (amplifies) the factory signal. The ecu interpret the signals and output another signal to the throttle body stepping motor. In order to have quicker engine response, the throttle body motor takes bigger steps (lower resolution signal) per given time. The original factory signal (higher resolution) turns the throttle body in small incremental steps... hence a slow response, but smoother steps. The change to a bigger step to the throttle body can decrease its life.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:24 AM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the explanation.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:01 PM
SprintBooster
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine003
Probably just a couple resistors and capacitors like they had on those infamous MAF mods awhile ago.

Someone should take one apart and do some reverse engineering but I gotta feeling the creators were smart and removed all the values on the components and expoxied the hell out of it so no one could gain access to the components.
Alpine003, There is a misconception on how our operates and how its constructed. While there are some products out there that attempts to mimic Sprint Booster. Our product is far more advanced than you think.

Sprint Booster is engineered to enhance the driving experience by providing improved acceleration by eliminating the delay inherent in drive-by-wire accelerator technology. This is accomplished by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal while providing the ECU (Electronic Control Module) with a new and altered signal for much quicker throttle response. The actual device contains electronic circuitry that is installed between the accelerator pedal and the ECU in vehicles equipped with electronic throttle control.

Simply put, Sprint Booster analyses what you are doing with your foot (pedal) and provides a throttle signal more in line with what you are actually demanding.

No one takes throttle response more seriously than we do. We patented the technology. And continue to make advancements in this field.

Sprint Booster USA
Old 02-27-2011, 12:18 PM
RF5BPilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How practical is it to mount the control under the dash so you can't see it?

That is, is the press sequence such that you can tell what you're doing without seeing the LED? Or is it really better to have the LED visible?
Old 02-27-2011, 01:41 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Mine is under the dash by my right knee and I can still see the LED so I know what mode I'm in.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:35 PM
RPMulli
Banned

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Someone should take a video of the booster in action!!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:34 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Alpine003, There is a misconception on how our operates and how its constructed. While there are some products out there that attempts to mimic Sprint Booster. Our product is far more advanced than you think.
Since it is patented, care to show any "under hood" shots of the circuitry? I'm not asking for schematics but just a pic of "under the hood".
Old 02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Optical TDI
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SprintBooster

Sprint Booster is engineered to enhance the driving experience by providing improved acceleration by eliminating the delay inherent in drive-by-wire accelerator technology. This is accomplished by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal while providing the ECU (Electronic Control Module) with a new and altered signal for much quicker throttle response. The actual device contains electronic circuitry that is installed between the accelerator pedal and the ECU in vehicles equipped with electronic throttle control.

Simply put, Sprint Booster analyses what you are doing with your foot (pedal) and provides a throttle signal more in line with what you are actually demanding.

No one takes throttle response more seriously than we do. We patented the technology. And continue to make advancements in this field.

Sprint Booster USA
I'm hoping it smooths out the jitteryness of the throttle delivery.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:38 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
on the street sprint booster set to hi.... eg, stop and go traffic, the throttle is too sensitive at initial touch of the pedal... the car takes off, so you back off, but slows down to much, back on the throttle, car takes off....etc. then the car starts to oscillate.... in other words, hi setting in traffic makes smooth driving difficult. No big deal though, just shut the booster off to use factory settings. When the car is moving @25mph, hi setting is just fine... ideal on the track IMO.
This is why I didn't go this route. I felt that it would hamper smoothness in street driving.

I got rid of the dead spot off idle when I did my Revo flash.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster installed - initial impressions in post #1