Sport seat swap question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 783 Posts
Default Sport seat swap question

I may have located a set of natural brown leather 996 sport seats for sale that were removed from another rennlister's GT3. They are 8 way power seats. My car currently has the comfort seat option, which is 8 way power seats with power lumbar support. My question is: is the swap a "plug and play" switch, or will wiring modifications be required?

Thanks for any input.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:34 AM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Dennis,

I did the switch from soft-leather comforts with lumbar adjustment just like yours to manual sports where the only power is to adject the back rake. The connectors were identical, but the driver's side required pins to be relocated so that the seat harness connections matched the car's harness. However, I would think that 8 way to 8 way might make this a lot easier (my guess would be the connectors are identical with a pin missing for the lumbar adjustment on the sport seats, but this is only a guess). I wish I could be definitive, but this is one for someone who was done it before.

Even with the uncertainty, do it. Sport seats may be hard to find in your colour (I looked for mine for 6-8 months) and I am pretty sure that you will like them.

I would happily come and help you install.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't know if they will be plug and play, but I have sport seats in my 99 996 and love them...you will too.

Quick Reply: Sport seat swap question