Sprint Booster Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Beavis
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint Booster Question

Hi all-

I have a questions for those of you that have adopted the Sprint Booster. I have an 04 996 TT Tip. I am intersted in the purchasing an SB, however I haven't been able to get a simple question answered.

Does the current model SB, (2010) allow you to select the 'mode", i.e., green, red, off? I believe the version for a manual transmission does, but unsure about the tiptronic version.

The SKU i found is: SBPO0032S. This is for all 01-05 996 tippys. One of the various websites that sell them indicated that this a 'non-selectable' version. I haven't been able to confirm this.

Also, I am slighty confused on pricing. I have see them for $299 and $329. Is the $329 the selectable model?

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks-
Beavis
Old 02-19-2011, 06:34 PM
stavroskon
Advanced

try this http://www.sprintboostersales.com/
Old 02-19-2011, 07:10 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 328 Posts

Interesting, but the sprint booster link isn't very clear either. They detail the functions of the selection modes, but under the Tiptronic "Buy Now" square it says "non-selectable only" in small print. If it's true that there is no selectable version for Tip cars, that would be a show-stopper for me. Seems weird though, because this device affects the drive-by-wire throttle, not the transmission, so why should there be a difference?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Beavis
Track Day

Thanks Wyoovino.

That sprintboostersales.com link was the basis for my question.

Does any one with a 996 tip has the selectable SB installed?
Old 02-20-2011, 07:59 PM
SprintBooster
Former Vendor

SprintBoosterUSA.com is the official master distributor for the Sprint Booster product in North America. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at info@sprintboosterusa.com

The non selectable units have been replaced by the (second generation) selectable version. very few non selectable units remain in retail circulation. For the most recent listing of sprint booster please see our downloadable catalog.

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/download/catalog.pdf

The price of Sprint Booster is $329 MSRP. It is possible to see the price vary by 30 dollars among our authorized Dealer / Reseller network.

Beavis, the Sprint Booster you require is SBPO0032S, the S at the end means selectable. A part number without the S is consider the older (first generation) non selectable.

www.SprintBoosterUsa.com
Old 02-20-2011, 11:57 PM
911FM
Racer

Originally Posted by SprintBooster
SprintBoosterUSA.com is the official master distributor for the Sprint Booster product in North America. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at info@sprintboosterusa.com

The non selectable units have been replaced by the (second generation) selectable version. very few non selectable units remain in retail circulation. For the most recent listing of sprint booster please see our downloadable catalog.

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/download/catalog.pdf

The price of Sprint Booster is $329 MSRP. It is possible to see the price vary by 30 dollars among our authorized Dealer / Reseller network.

Beavis, the Sprint Booster you require is SBPO0032S, the S at the end means selectable. A part number without the S is consider the older (first generation) non selectable.

www.SprintBoosterUsa.com
Not to hijack the thread, but I have a couple of questions about SB:

- Does it make any sense for a C2 manual?
- Is it interchangeable with another vehicle? (i.e. if I don't like it on the 996, can I put it on a BMW 3 series)

FM
Old 02-21-2011, 03:07 AM
stavroskon
Advanced

Look this page is my car 02 tiptronic with sb selector on dash....
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...mod-yet-2.html
Old 02-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Beavis
Track Day

Sprint Booster- thanks. You have answered my questions. I will place my order today!

Stavroskon- thanks for the pics. Do you find yourself switching modes? I was kinda thinking that I would leave it in "red" mode. On the rare occasion that my wife would drive it, I would probably just turn it off (valet mode).
Others? do you find yourself switching between sport and race and off programs? I ask the question in the context of where to install the switch.

Thanks-
Old 02-21-2011, 09:36 PM
jpowers
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beavis,

Please post your thoughts after your install. Sounds like an interesting project.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:44 AM
stavroskon
Advanced

Yes my friend i switching mode all the time. The red mode it's very agressive not for trafic
Old 02-22-2011, 01:05 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgacv...eature=related

I'm actually tempted to try it.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Question