Sponsored by:

FS.oem porsche cdr-220

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
That sucks. Like you say lesson learned.

Are those to six packs of malt liquor in the upper right corner of the pic?
Yeah lesson learned but I am disputing through PayPal.

Those are circa 1970's JR Ewing beers that I've had for years and dug out to sell to someone.

Last edited by sanyata; 02-21-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sanyata
Thanks. As I said he did send me pictures but they were taken straight on in a manor so as not to show the flaws I described. Here is what he thinks qualifies as "mint" :

Attachment 514399
Not meaning to play devils advocate but... First, one's description of "mint" or otherwise is really dependent on his/her perspective. Second, if you yourself had already questioned his version of "mint" when he sent you this pic AND you still went ahead with the purchase...well...I think you know where I'm going with this...

By my version of "mint", I certainly would not have continued with the purchase after viewing the pic after he sent it... Hope it works out for you.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:25 AM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Mabuhay ~ Perhaps you misunderstood. That pic is one that I took to document what I received. I would never have bought that if I received that picture. His were taken straight on and did not show any of the scratches or flaws which I think he did purposely and was deceptive. I would find it hard for any body to classify that as mint no matter how distorted their perception or concept of mint is.
I do appreciate the input, my main purpose in posting this was to alert fellow rennlisters of this newbies ways and maybe put some pressure on him to simply refund my money and make it right by me.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Mabuhay
Racer

Originally Posted by sanyata
Mabuhay ~ Perhaps you misunderstood. That pic is one that I took to document what I received. I would never have bought that if I received that picture. His were taken straight on and did not show any of the scratches or flaws which I think he did purposely and was deceptive. ....
Ah..yes, I misunderstood. For clarity, you should post the pics the OP sent you.

I'm a picky bastard myself and based on your pic, I would have rated that a 3 or 4 out of 10. You got robbed!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

sanyata,

Did you post your purchase results in his other for sale posts. I would.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 AM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Divot
sanyata,

Did you post your purchase results in his other for sale posts. I would.
At first I thought I'd give him a chance to take the radio back and give me a refund. Then I thought maybe it would be a bit too vindictive. But now being as he does not answer emails or pm's I think I might. No communication, no responses, nothing! Actions, or in this case no action, speaks louder than words!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:43 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I have bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise on Rennlist and never had a crappy transaction. I have experienced two returns (one as a buyer and one as a seller) and both were done in the "Rennlist way". One was a buyer that bought several leather interior pieces from my CAB and a couple didn't fit in his coupe. He asked if he could send them back even though it was HIS error and I didn't blink and eye. Refunded his money immediately and he sent them back. One when I was the buyer a guy sold me one of the "Bird" brand armrests for my wife's cab. He even advertised it as it fitting my CAB. I bought it and it sat in my office for probably 6+ months before I had time to install it. When I went to install it, the damn thing didn't fit. Turns out after several calls to Bird Automotive, that it was specific to a coupe. I called the seller and he refunded my money and I sent it back to him. Now THAT is the Rennlist way. You build your reputation here just like this.

To the OP, if you want your reputation to sour quickly, then start selling items as a new guy here (only ten posts) and then not handle them in the "Rennlist way".

This isn't eBay where you get to say after the fact "no return". You need to state that in advance If the product is not as described (and your radio is not MINT) then you do the proper thing and take it back and put it back up for sale with new pics to show even better what is the condition. MINT would signify that it is in PERFECT and NEW condition. If you want some advice.....don't even state that it is MINT. Just show your product, show LOTS of pictures, and let a buyer make his decision. And if for any reason it isn't as advertised, then do the right thing and refund the buyer's money.

Do the right thing.

Last edited by LVDell; 02-23-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Toomanycars
Rennlist Member

Just wanted to chime in and say that I bought a set of stock Cats from Gu9cci he was very polite and shipped them right away and they came in a fabspeed box and were packaged nicely. The only problem I had with them was that one of the studs was missing but I fixed it with a nut and bolt so no biggie. He sold them to me for a really great price and I was happy.

I PM'ed him to let him know they arrived and worked great and I mentioned the missing stud and he instantly offered a small refund to cover my troubles of having to get a nut and bolt but I told him it was no big deal. Just wanted to chime in with my experience with Gu9cci.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:02 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Toomanycars
I PM'ed him to let him know they arrived and worked great and I mentioned the missing stud and he instantly offered a small refund to cover my troubles of having to get a nut and bolt but I told him it was no big deal. Just wanted to chime in with my experience with Gu9cci.
Seems like 180 degrees from the current transaction with him. Would be nice to hear him chime in.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:05 PM
gu9cci
Advanced

yea i'm here...reading posts.
Over 3 years been member of other forums,ebay i never have problem...Last week i sold about 10 porsche items and with no problem.
I take radio pictures and send to the buyer before he purchased with my canon 60d DSLR.
I'm thinking i did the right thing and description and now paypal will decide what to do.
Unfortunately didn't work out for buyer as stated 10 people 10 deferent opinions on condition description.
it is used item and have wear but again....
Old 02-23-2011, 03:38 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

So you consider used with wear MINT? If you claim it's mint and it's not then you might have a problem, especially since Paypal and the CC company will be involved.

You aren't out anything if he sends it back to you on his dime. Remember, it's not the 10 items you sold without problems that count. It's the one that didn't. That is the one you make your reputation with.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Toomanycars
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Seems like 180 degrees from the current transaction with him. Would be nice to hear him chime in.
Here is the exact PM I received from him after I got them. Like I said he was a really nice guy to me. I'm sure he will make good on the transaction.

My PM to him

Originally Posted by Toomanycars
Got the cats today and installed them. Everything seems ok so far. Only problem was one had a missing stud. Not a huge deal but would have been nice to know so I could have had one ready when they got here but I just used a bolt and nut for now until I can get one from Porsche. Now to go drive it and see if my CEL clears.

Thanks again,
Chris
gu9cci's reply

really? i dont know that bolt is missing..sorry about that.i have them uninstal long time ago from shop and pack in box.hope doesnt cost to much get the bolt...if so i reinburse that...
Old 02-23-2011, 06:31 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I'd like to think he would make good in the Rennlist spirit. That's what makes this community great.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:06 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

So after seeing gu9cci post a response I sent him yet another email politely asking him if after reading all the post on this thread if he was reconsidering his position. I told him I'd wait awhile before posting anything so he had time to think about it and if he refunded the money I would be sure to give him due credit here.

As you can see I'm posting again because he just doesn't respond to me at all! That's what is dumbfounding. I reach out to him and nothing, nada!

All this over a measly $200. I guess it is a very important $200 to him and things must be tight. I mainly pursue this now on general principle and guess it will be left to PayPal dispute center for resolution.

The psychology of money is so intriguing and I'm strangely entertained by all this. The fact that he offered a refund albeit small to "toomanycars" even makes it more intriguing.

Lastly, this was my first foray into the 996 forum. Hopefully future participation will be of a much nicer nature. Thanks everyone for your input and pm's with suggestions.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:47 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Default Results Are In....PayPal Justice

PayPal's dispute center finally wrapped up their investigation and now gu9cci is once again the happy owner of a CDR 220.

PayPal's dispute program was hard to navigate and they were unresponsive to my help and contact inquiries but in the end they recovered my money for me. It was a long slow process but worth the effort.

Jeez, it could have been so simple had just a few core virtues been present and exercised.

gu9cci

Sanyata

Quick Reply: FS.oem porsche cdr-220