Sponsored by:

Key + Memory Seat Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 02:07 AM
EricD
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key + Memory Seat Problem

I finally got my car this past week-end and so far, only one thing really annoys me.

It's equipped with power / memory seat but the key is configured to this weird, VERY laid back driving position. I've set position #1 and #2 properly, but I can't get the key to be configured right.

Now, this becomes especially annoying because my driving settings are the total opposite of laid back, I like a straight back with a good grip on the wheel and every time I unlock the car, I have to watch the seats and mirrors move from my position to these settings, then sit in the car and hit #1 to bring it back to what it was.

I've looked in my user manual + did some research on the forum and still can't figure it out.

Here's what I've tried so far:
  • press both "M" and "key" buttons to store my settings
  • press both "key" and "2" buttons for more than 5 seconds to clear the settings (then repeat previous combination)
  • press both "M" and "key" button, then press the "unlock" button on the key within 5 seconds

All of these combinations have been tested with the key in the on/accessory position as well as with the car running. Still can't get my settings right.

Anyone has any idea on how to get this fixed? Is my "key" button broken?
Old 02-02-2011, 06:38 AM
MJP911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think this is something the dealer has to program for you.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:50 AM
babylonboots
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Clear the codes first

You have to erase the code on the key first.

Turn on the ignition, then (on seat memory buttons) press and hold 1 and 3 for 5 seconds.

Then you can set the memory position on the key by turning on the ignition and pressing the door open button (on key) and the M (on seat memory buttons) for 5 seconds.

Good luck!

Last edited by babylonboots; 02-02-2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Awesomo996
Advanced

There is a TSB about this. Requires the dealer to re-program, Sunset charged me $150 to fix.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
EricD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by babylonboots

Turn on the ignition, then (on seat memory buttons) press and hold 1 and 3 for 5 seconds.

Then you can set the memory position on the key by turning on the ignition and pressing the door open button (on key) and the M (on seat memory buttons) for 5 seconds.

Good luck!
I didn't try that combination, I'll try later today and let you know if it worked out.

Originally Posted by Awesomo996
There is a TSB about this. Requires the dealer to re-program, Sunset charged me $150 to fix.
But then, every time I need to adjust my driving position, I'd have to have it reprogrammed and pay the dealer?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Awesomo996
Advanced

But then, every time I need to adjust my driving position, I'd have to have it reprogrammed and pay the dealer?

No, the TSB was about the fact that there are two locations in the memory of the ACU, one for each key. Sometimes the locations get swapped so that Key1 is programmed into the memory slot for Key2 and Key2 is programmed into the memory slot for Key1.

The dealer had to go in on my car and unswap the programming. After that I can re-learn the seat settings just as the manual describes.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:21 AM
EricD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by babylonboots

Good luck!
Just tried this, didn't work out. I'm having the car looked at by the dealer for a wing actuator noise under CPO, I'll have them look into this at the same time.

Quick Reply: Key + Memory Seat Problem