996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

HVAC Inconsistent When Cold in 996

Old 10-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ckellum84
Hi, sorry to bring up an old topic but seems i'm having similar issues.

My air con was gassed last week, and now runs freezing cold as it should. I don't however have any heating. The coolant level is fine, no leaks, and the pipes running water in and out of the heater matrix under the hood are red hot, so hot water is getting through the matrix correctly.

The blower fan works fine, and adjusting the temperature to max heat is moving the hinge (servo?) correctly under the dash. I can hear the motor moving and i also stuck my head in the footwell and watched it moving back and forth as I adjusted the temperature.

I've tried changing where the air emits fom vents, feet etc but still only get non-heated air. Basically it's just blowing ambient air. Living in the UK (cold and wet weather) having a warm cabin is a must so any suggestions would be great.

I keep reading about mixer flaps which allow more or less heat through from the heater matrix, but i'm not sure where to locate this flap to inspect it. Is it right up under the dash or in the compartment that holds the matrix? A photo or image would be greatfully received.

Cheers for any help guys.
Have you found a pic for this? The HVAC in my inlaw's 2003 996 blow hot/cold respectively, but it doesn't seem to like small changes in temp setting. I.e. - If I move the HVAC from 70 to 76F, I don't necessarily feel a difference on the blower. If I move to 86F (it actually says HI for hi-temp), then it gets *really* hot. If I move to 85 or 83, it's still hot, but barely. So I am thinking that it's some sort of cabin temperature sensor or "flap" that needs lubricating or something. Can anyone make a suggestion?

Last edited by Mabuhay; 05-14-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any news on this guys?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HVAC Inconsistent When Cold in 996