Sponsored by:

New SPEC 996 grahics for the 2011 season

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 11:02 AM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by wtfpenguin
did you have your cage built or was it pre-made? How much did it cost? Any more interior shots?
The cage is a cup car replica, built by Topp Racing located at MSR-Cresson. it cost just cover 3k. What would you like to see in the interior? I can take more photos, just let me know what you would like to see.

Originally Posted by philooo
TRT41, can you tell me what is that lip under your front bumper ? it looks like the base C2 bumper right ?

Considering the huge wing you have in the back, I am surprised you don't have a gt3 front bumper (if I see correctly).
It is a stock bumper, still looking for a good used GT3 nose. It has a GT3 front spoiler. I just installed the front and rear wing, I'll test next weekend at Eagles Canyon and get some data to compare vs the stock set up. I staggered the install of the JRZ SPEC 996 suspension and wing to get some data on the individual improvements.

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
The car looks excellent. Thanks for sharing.

What mods do you, and other Spec 996 builders, do to alleviate possible oil starvation issues?

Best of luck to you this season.
I have a 3qtr accusump intalled, so far it has worked The major mods are for safety, and to the suspension (GT3 parts with the JRZ SPEC 996 suspension). We have a very good start to the SPEC 996 class in Texas, with 5 or 6 cars ready to race today and a few in the planning stages. The PCA website has the SPEC 996 rules posted within the 2011 rules.

http://www.pca.org/LinkClick.aspx?fi...EM%3d&tabid=73

see page 25 and on.

I think with the 996 platform we'll have one of the fastest growing classes in PCA Club Racing, since the are fast, safe, affordable and a blast to drive. Come join us at the track!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:42 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

with the cage and the raised shifter you'd swear it was a cup car from the inside!
Old 01-23-2011, 01:27 PM
wtfpenguin
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRT41
The cage is a cup car replica, built by Topp Racing located at MSR-Cresson. it cost just cover 3k. What would you like to see in the interior? I can take more photos, just let me know what you would like to see.
Well I'm wanting to turn my 996 into a track car...and just need some ideas for the interior/center console what to do in place of the door panels etc...

It is a stock bumper, still looking for a good used GT3 nose. It has a GT3 front spoiler. I just installed the front and rear wing, I'll test next weekend Eagles Canyon and get some data to compare vs the stock set up. I staggered the install of the JRZ SPEC 996 suspension and wing to get some data on the individual improvements.

I have a 3qtr accusump intalled, so far it has worked The major mods are for safety, and to the suspension (GT3 parts with the JRZ SPEC 996 suspension). We have a very good start to the SPEC 996 class in Texas, with 5 or 6 cars ready to race today and a few in the planning stages. The PCA website has the SPEC 996 rules posted within the 2011 rules.

http://www.pca.org/LinkClick.aspx?fi...EM%3d&tabid=73

see page 25 and on.

I think with the 996 platform we'll have one of the fastest growing classes in PCA Club Racing, since the are fast, safe, affordable and a blast to drive. Come join us at the track![/QUOTE]
Old 01-23-2011, 01:49 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
The car looks excellent. Thanks for sharing.

What mods do you, and other Spec 996 builders, do to alleviate possible oil starvation issues?

Best of luck to you this season.
X51 oilpan is what most people do first. It's pretty effective, but I suspect more and more folks will go with an accusump. I don't have one yet, but I'm planning to put one in.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:01 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=wtfpenguin;8236202]Well I'm wanting to turn my 996 into a track car...and just need some ideas for the interior/center console what to do in place of the door panels etc...

Here are some interior shots. My 2cents, think about where you are going with the track car (DE, or Club Racing). Start with safety mods first, always. Then reliabilty mods, but keep in mind what Club Race class you are targeting and don't waste time or $ going beyond those class rules.
Also the best $ beyond safety equipment is the working on your driving skills. I am by far the weakest link in my car.

I still have a lot of wiring to clean up, still a work in progress. But that is part of the fun...
Attached Images      
Old 01-23-2011, 03:37 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

wow.... any shots of the full cage when at the shop build?
Old 01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Really nice. I've always wanted a stripe on my car, like the sport classic stripes. Looking good!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:46 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by redridge
wow.... any shots of the full cage when at the shop build?
No, I dropped off and picked up so I didn't take any install pics. Bryan Bell, Mike Globe and I all had Topp Racing cages built so they may have some pics.

This is Todd's website: http://toppracing.com/cages.html
it has a few photos or other installs.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:26 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

These are OLD pictures of my cage before I had it painted. A lot has changed about the car since, but other than paint, the cage remains the same.
Attached Images    
Old 01-23-2011, 04:43 PM
francars
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice set up. Love the decals and the whole entire car!

Any videos to share on the track?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Very nice car !

Quick Reply: New SPEC 996 grahics for the 2011 season