Sponsored by:

gt3 seat buckle receptacle clearance

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:53 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Unless the previous owner did a DIY setup there with custom bolt bracket thread or whatever this is what you should have:
Attached Images        
Old 01-08-2011, 05:11 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

I dont know... that receptacle is extremely close to that center console carpet, something has shifted the seats closer to the console.... are the rails squared up with one another evenly. They might not be and the seats are going in crooked. Just a wild guess.... and yes those spacers (not the square ones) looks long.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:19 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't think the rails were misaligned but they could have been. I do not have that spacer in the pic above and my threaded part is longer. I took the seat out for the long drive home and took some pics. It was definitely rubbing the carpet; I attached some pics of that.

So where can I get the right hardware for 3 point belts?
Attached Images        
Old 01-08-2011, 08:51 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

No need to buy anything..

1st flip the box 180 so that the side with the edge cutout is on the lower part of the side bracket and this will allow the box to sit properly on the side bracket's curved surface.
Also remove the black tape from the box.

2nd if still the whole assembly hits the tunnel carpet cut a bit the core threaded part althought from the photo it looks to be the correct size.

btw the sliders can't be aligned in a wrong way as they do bolt in holes in the floor.

If you insist on buying new

part numbers are :
996 521 927 90 for outer side
996 521 925 90 for inner side
Porsche sells them as a complete fastening kit and not one by one.

Also FIY the spacer is there in case you don't have a 6p lap belt attached together with the 3p belt buckle so that the 3p belt buckle won't move.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:18 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Bevel on the lower section of the block should be against the seat frame bracket... not facing outward as 911slow indicates.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John's input reminds me of the guys on the 993 board. I learn something on nearly every post.

knfparty - Why the tape?

Last edited by Dudley; 01-08-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:06 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

got it guys. Yeah my plan B was to just hacksaw some off if I had to but I guess assembling it properly would be a good plan A
Old 12-14-2017, 10:25 PM
Gbug
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bringing this thread back from the dead as I am having the same issue that OP had due to the longer spacer seen in the first set of photos above. I bought GT3 seats separately as singles, and for whatever reason one of the seats has the longer spacer, while the other has the "normal" spacer seen in 911Slow's pictures. Right now I have the longer spacer installed on the passenger seat, and it is bugging the hell out of me due to the fact that since the bolt head is extending far enough to contact the side of the center tunnel it is transmitting vibration in the cabin. Any idea where I can buy just the belt receptacle spacer? All I can find so far is the assembly (mounting block, bolt, spacer) for $250...no thanks! I suppose I can wander down to the hardware store and attempt to find a match, but I'd rather get the genuine part if I can.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:03 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 259 Posts

Here are the REceptacles that are longer to accommodate GT3 Buckets

Here is the PN I am sending you for the left side (enclosed)997 803 183 11-L/S TURBO/GT2 SPORT SEAT

Here is the right side PN that needs to be still ordered.997 803 183 05-R/S TURBO/GT2 SPORT SEAT
Old 12-15-2017, 11:29 AM
Gbug
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The issue I am having is not with the belt receptacle, but with the bolt spacer used to snug up the receptacle against the mount on the side of the seat.

Here is the longer spacer that I currently have installed, and that is resulting in the bolt head hitting the center tunnel:

Here is the shorter spacer that is installed on my other seat, and results in plenty of clearance between the bolt and center tunnel.

I suspect that the longer spacer is intended to mount on the door side where clearance is not an issue, but unfortunately it seems I was missing some hardware on one of the seats I bought. At the moment, all I need is the thinner spacer to replace the long spacer that I am using on the passenger side.

Hope the issue is clearer now.
Old 01-02-2021, 10:11 PM
sdharmani
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

On the tunnel side, you could bolt the harness directly to where 3 point seatbelt receiver goes and get rid of that bracket. That’s how mine are set up.

Originally Posted by knfeparty
Okay guys here are some pics.

The first few show the issue- the bolt for the seat belt receptacle rubs against the carpet. The 2nd and 3rd pics show this the best.

Also the body of the receptacle is tight against the plastic center trim, but not too bad.

On the outboard side of the seat I took some pics to show the spacer/bolt arrangement, which is identical on both sides. There is no clearance issue on the outboard side, though.

Finally I added some gratuitous garage pictures for you guys. Only the middle one is mine, though.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:46 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 112 Posts

Did this ever get resolved? I think your brackets are on the wrong side. I.e the brackets aren't identical the outer bracket is wider and the inner bracket is thinner to move the seat away from the console.

Quick Reply: gt3 seat buckle receptacle clearance