Sponsored by:

Getting brakes/ clutch bled have questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:05 PM
ohdavey6286
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting brakes/ clutch bled have questions

My clutch seems to be engaging high up in the pedal travel but there is not much slipping at all. I was thinking I should bleed my clutch and figured I would do the brakes as well. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on fluid's or anything else. Is the ATE gold any good? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:31 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Your clutch should not need to be bled unless air somehow got into the system. If you are having issues, it could be your friction material is worn thin and the clutch disc needs replacing. If air is in the system the pedal will usually need to be pressed clear to the floor before it disengages and then may not fully disengage. The engagement point will be just off the floor and it will feel spongy too. Any hydraulic fluid type should be fine as long as it is of the approved type. As the expense increases, it's usually the boiling point does too. Not an issue unless racing. GL!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by ohdavey6286
My clutch seems to be engaging high up in the pedal travel but there is not much slipping at all. I was thinking I should bleed my clutch and figured I would do the brakes as well. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on fluid's or anything else. Is the ATE gold any good? Thanks in advance!
If there is any slippage the clutch is on its way out. It will not get better with a fluid flush/bleed.

If you have not flushed/bleed the brakes/clutch hydraulic system in a couple of years, then you should flush/bleed these systems.

But don't hold out much (any) hope this will fix a slipping clutch.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Getting brakes/ clutch bled have questions