Sponsored by:

Secondary air injection '99 996

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Cefalu
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Secondary air injection '99 996

I just finished replacing all the parts of my secondary air injection system and I have a spare disconnected vacuum line. It's the main vacuum supply that feeds the check valve which then goes to the vacuum canister. It probably connects to the intake manifold,.....somewhere. anybody know?
Old 11-26-2010, 10:45 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Yeah.... It's located left of the plenum (left of the throttle body)
Old 11-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope this helps. Coming from the four way connector, one goes to the canister, one is sneaky and goes to Part #996 605 123 01 that's really close to the canister. One connection goes to the rear of the car on the drivers side and connects to a value that's attached to the intake. The two remaining connections (numbered 29 &19 in the diagram)are: in the front of the engine on the resonance tube (the other tube thats behind the plemum) and the final line sneaks around to the right side of the engine near the rear part of the right intake.

Here's a link to why I know, it has extra photos too.:https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...nge-out-2.html
Attached Images  
Old 11-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Cefalu
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thanks! secondary air injection

Got it, it's line #29 in diag and it does in fact plug into that intake manifold joint at the bottom. It's tricky to plug in with fat hands and the dipstick tube in the way. But it's a runner again, and no CEL's!

I was running CEL codes P0410 and P1411. I replaced both of the air pump valves and both of the electrically vacuum control valves. The actual failed part however, was the vacuum control valve that controls. It's part #11 air pump "shut off valve". The rubber diaphragm was ruptured.

Crummy job, but the key to making it "pleasurable" was to drive the alternator bushing toward the front of the car. Alternator pops right in and out.

Quick Reply: Secondary air injection '99 996