Sponsored by:

Thinking about Buying a 996 from Michigan-HELP WITH PPI PLZ-

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 05:37 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 161 Posts
Default Thinking about Buying a 996 from Michigan-HELP WITH PPI PLZ-

Hey guys, in my rediculous endless search that has been going on for 2 months now i think i "may Have" found a car in MI- Will probably have to get it shipped here to AZ *quote was around $800*

I'm a bit hesitant about buying a Porsche 02-911 from MI with 63k miles-the roads there suck, i know first hand i used to live there..

I'm wondering if ANYONE here who is knowlegable about Porsche can take a look at the car for me,(its near gross pointe) cosmetically and drive it then give me their opinion- and if its its good to recommend a Shop near Gross Pointe to get the PPI done at (Full PPI including Compression test and all that)

Thanks alot, i would totally appreciate this, and hopefully can pass the favour on by checking one out for someone here in Arizona one day.

I'm going to post this on 6speed as well..hopefully someone from one of the forums will help
Old 10-21-2010, 06:08 PM
inviktus
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Munk's Motors in Waterford is 30-40 miles away from Grosse Pointe. They're good people and know Porsches well. (They do the tech inspections for the local PCA DEs.)

Gilson Motorsports is also in the SE Michigan area. It's run by Howard Gilson, who is a great guy and a great mechanic.

Unfortunately I don't know 996s well enough myself to look at the car for you (I don't own one yet, still in the research phase). Best of luck!

-vik

Quick Reply: Thinking about Buying a 996 from Michigan-HELP WITH PPI PLZ-