996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Left front signal light not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 06:25 PM
hopeforcash
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, took it in to get it looked at. They reinstalled and it worked!!

It was just the contact as everybody stated. Just proves I'm a little retarded with this stuff.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I disagree. It was difficult for me to have the HL seat properly, took me several tries before it engaged. Glad it works now.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 AM
hopeforcash
Instructor

Thanks for the encouragement

Next minor items for sure will try again.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:37 PM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Awesomo996
I bought a new socket from Sunset, didn't need a whole new headlight assembly. I had the same problem, cleaned the contacts in the mating connector between the headlight assembly and the car. Also had to adjust the height of the docking plate by turning the nuts under it about a half turn up. So far three months and it works fine.
Does any one known the part number for the socket, i'm having the same problem?
Old 10-23-2011, 04:58 PM
jdjones2010
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hopeforcash
Hi everybody,
First I'm not too mechanically handy, but did managed to change the bulb. And even put the light back together again! However, much to my disappointment, the front left signal light still does not work. The rear works and blinks very fast, I'm guessing it's because the front is not working.

Called my Indie and he's busy for a while (my case is not too serious, I guess - he's parttime on his own and has a fulltime job) and said it might be the relay.

Any suggestions? Is it hard to change the relay or how does one test if it is the relay? Are there other simplier tests first that I can try?

Thanks
Speaking of not being too mechanically enclined (by the way I'm glad you got your problem solved). But I haven't been able to get mine fixed yet & I was told from the PCA Q & A it's probably the bulb (bad) thats seperate from the main headlamp, its at axle height on drivers side just ahead of front tire at joint between fender & bumper cover. Its supposed to be in a plastic encasing (I see a plug in that looks like its in silver alum. casing but he said it was all plastic) that pivots outward from trailing end (in direction of driving). There are no fault codes for bad turn signals in this model. He also said Do Not Break it, so I was wondering if somebody has a Picture of this particular piece, so I can be sure. Thanks for any HELP!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:36 PM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does any one know the part number for the socket, i'm having the same problem?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:58 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

this must come in threes......because my headlight socket is on the fritz too I guess. I keep on having to reseat the headlight but there must be enough play in there to 'disconnect'.

Headlights/parking lights still work. Very annoying.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:40 PM
targa996
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bulb socket

mike was also the bulb socket - the springs in the socket get weak and do not make good contact with the housing - simple fix was to just bend them out a little bit with a small scewdriver - been working fine for 6 months now since that ...
Old 10-24-2011, 10:49 PM
hopeforcash
Instructor

To further inform those interested, the problem happened again about a month after the fix. All I did was gave it a couple of abrupt short pushes on the lense and so far so good. Installing is really "one way" as it is guided into the socket and as I was afraid I will break something I inserted it lightly and did not work.

If your problem is like mine, try giving it a few quick shoves.

Quick Reply: Left front signal light not working