Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Tires...to purchase...to sell?? (SF, Oakland)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:41 AM
steepsnow
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tires...to purchase...to sell?? (SF, Oakland)

Hi All,

In the middle of a road trip, I got a screw and blew-out a Nitto NT-05 rear (275/35/18). I have been searching, but I cannot find a replacement.
...literally back-ordered around the country for weeks.

Anyone know of some NT-05 available?
...one 50% rear or a pair of new?

...or, anyone need/want some NT-01 fronts (...one rear in the Oakland Area)? If someone wants them, I'd sel 'em cheap or I'll ship them back for use later if I have to buy a whole set of new tires - maybe next spring when the rears become available again.

Alternately, I am looking for some tires to buy. Unless somehow I am able to find a pair of rear NT-05, I'll have to grab a set of new/used tires that can handle a track day and a drive back to Colorado.

Any thoughts, comments how to proceed? ...best tire deals in SF area?
So for the best purchase options seem to be a Falken 615k or Yokohama Advan AD08, both are in stock locally (near OAK airport).

Thanks!
Douglas
Old 10-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Silver6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually go to Big O tires in San Francisco on Mission Street. They always get really close to Tire Rack prices, plus they have Hunter tire mounting/ balancing equipment. Use them for all my cars. I would just get a whole new set. Good luck.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:15 PM
steepsnow
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...OK, problem solved.

I ordered a new set. Going to try the Falken RT-615K.

I have a great relationship with Discount Tire here in CO (in CA: America's Tire). The shop in Union City will match discounttiredirect.com prices and ship my "old" tires to the store in Denver directly. Thus, I do not have to get the tires to a UPS center for shipping.

GREAT recommendation for the Discount Tire (America's Tire) shops!!
Very helpful and friendly!!

Quick Reply: Tires...to purchase...to sell?? (SF, Oakland)