Sponsored by:

Renntech members-your help is needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Renntech members-your help is needed

Hi folks. I posted this in the OT as well. I went by Renntech today for tips on installing my new front hood struts (5 minute job, btw)and I discovered a call for donations on the forum home page. It seems contributions are down to the point of not being able to pay the web hosting bill coming due Dec. 1.

If you've ever been to Loren's site you know what a treasure trove of Porsche technical information it is and how hard Loren must work to keep it up to date. I swear he answers every thread himself! It's been 3-4 years since I discovered the site and made a donation and it made me feel a bit guilty that I hadn't re-upped sooner. Especially when I consider the number of times I went there to solve a problem. If you haven't been there yet, check it out. You'll be glad you did.

In short, I'm extending the plea for donations here because I'd hate to lose such a valuable Porsche site. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:42 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm a paying contributor on Renntech. Losing that site will greatly diminish 996 ownership especially as these cars age, and problems grow.

SUPPORT RENNTECH
Old 09-30-2010, 06:00 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Unfortunately, you can only donate if you have an account. Looks like it might be a PayPal only thing, too.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BruceP
Unfortunately, you can only donate if you have an account. Looks like it might be a PayPal only thing, too.
Yes and no. In order to get an account, you sign up for free, just like here. Once you are a member you can make a donation but it does not have to be by Paypal. You have the option of paying by credit card instead of Paypal when you reach that point.

LOL I just realized you've been a non-member here for 4+ years and >2000 posts, NEVERMIND!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

agreed. Was a contributor when the site got rolling. I use rennlist and renntech as a great resource.. Loren's undertaking is definitely worthwhile. Don't post a lot but there's a concentrated level of information that's poignant and extremely useful.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:30 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
Yes and no. In order to get an account, you sign up for free, just like here. Once you are a member you can make a donation but it does not have to be by Paypal. You have the option of paying by credit card instead of Paypal when you reach that point.

LOL I just realized you've been a non-member here for 4+ years and >2000 posts, NEVERMIND!
Yeah, well, it's not quite that simple. I was a paid member here. I 'resigned' it in protest a couple of years back over the tolerated conduct of a certain former board member who was subsequently banned. Some time later, the same character went after me on Renntech. Rather than identifying an instigator, Loren took the view that this fellow and myself were each as bad as the other. I took exception to this, so Loren and I are, shall we say, not talking.

Having said that, I would still have liked to help. Renntech is a fantastically valuable resource. Those who can, should.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BruceP
Yeah, well, it's not quite that simple. I was a paid member here. I 'resigned' it in protest a couple of years back over the tolerated conduct of a certain former board member who was subsequently banned. Some time later, the same character went after me on Renntech. Rather than identifying an instigator, Loren took the view that this fellow and myself were each as bad as the other. I took exception to this, so Loren and I are, shall we say, not talking.

Having said that, I would still have liked to help. Renntech is a fantastically valuable resource. Those who can, should.
My apologies! I think I remember a bit of that. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:02 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Renntech is a great site!..... Loren is da man, very few people are more knowledgeable, would hate to loose that site.... please help.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:25 PM
nazhat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did....
Old 10-03-2010, 01:32 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I donated when I joined, but I'm not sure I've sent money since. Sent another few bucks.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:15 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Done
Old 10-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on RennTech qwik answers, pn#'s. manuals etc. Thanks Loren.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:27 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...-a-contributo/

Quick Reply: Renntech members-your help is needed