Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Help with Stereo upgrade: Pioneer component advice ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 07:45 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Help with Stereo upgrade: Pioneer component advice ?

Pioneer public relation is offering me free hardware in exchange for a DIY article.

I was wondering if anybody had made an audio upgrade with Pioneer component and can help me choose, especially the speaker sizes.

their online shopping system is suggesting for the front TS-D1320c and for the rear TS-D1302R. For the head unit I am thinking double DIN AVIC-Z110BT and for amp the PRS-D4200F, not sure how to power the bose subwoofer.

My car is a 2003 911 coupe with the optional bose system, MOST.

I will be installing those myself so I'd like to make sure they will fit, even if I have to use a bit of Dremel here and there

Also I wonder where is the best place to find the double din kit. I mean the piece that will fill the gap in the center console. I'd rather not have to carve it myself.

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 PM
mikes_996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can buy a double din kit from ebay for around $150-180... the way i did it was just to buy the double din cage from an audio shop... Go to best buys and they may just give you one since they usually don't use it if it can mount directly to the car... for the piece that fits in the gap i bought a part from metra (company that sells adapters for wiring and mounting) that was pretty much a piece of black abs type plastic that had a grid behind it and all you do is use a utility knife at the areas around the grid and pops right out... here's a picture of my install... parts (cage, plastic piece) for install was about $25...

Last edited by mikes_996; 04-24-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Help with Stereo upgrade: Pioneer component advice ?