Sponsored by:

Help Removing A-Pillar. Easy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 01:56 AM
elchivo21
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Removing A-Pillar. Easy?

Hello everyone! Quick question, I have a 00 C4 cabrio I want to install a mic for my new handset free head unit on the left side of the windshield. I want to remove the A-Pillar but I am not sure if it’s just a quick unsnap and snap back in. Are there any screws to remove? Or can I just run the wire and fish it through the bottom where it meets with the dash? Any best practice? I want to pics of my new HU ASAP. =)
Old 08-06-2010, 03:12 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by elchivo21
Hello everyone! Quick question, I have a 00 C4 cabrio I want to install a mic for my new handset free head unit on the left side of the windshield. I want to remove the A-Pillar but I am not sure if it’s just a quick unsnap and snap back in. Are there any screws to remove? Or can I just run the wire and fish it through the bottom where it meets with the dash? Any best practice? I want to pics of my new HU ASAP. =)
My experience is with removing passenger side a-pillar on 02 Boxster.

Screws have to be removed. The ones holding the sun visor on.

Once this removed the a-pillar plastic cover pulls out at the top and then you have to pull the cover towards you to free the cover at the lower end where a metal strip of spring metal with a loop on the engine acts to hold the cover secure at the lower end to the a-pillar of the body.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Help Removing A-Pillar. Easy?