Sponsored by:

Definitive Dash Removal Guide

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:25 PM
my996a
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Definitive Dash Removal Guide

Thanks for all who answered questions and otherwise supported my efforts in removing my 1999 996 dash so I could reskin it. What follows is a picture by picture account of how I removed my dash.

Once you have removed both left and right side air vents, the headlight switch dial, the ignition key cover, the instrument console, the steering wheel and all its trim, the radio and all its trim, the alarm receiving unit and its trim, and both left and right side speakers, you can start removing the dash. The Pictures show every screw I removed but one – this one is located under the alarm receiving unit in the center if the dash right next to the windshield. I also removed the right side air vent Phillips screw so I could remove the black air pipe it connects to under the dash. The 2 13mm bolts that hold the air bag in place can be accessed when this black air pipe is removed. I laid on my back in the passenger foot well and looked directly up and found and removed the bolts.

Once all the screws were removed, I pushed all the wires through their respect openings, grabbed the bottom right side of the dash with one hand and the steering wheel area with the other and pulled the bottom out first as I carefully rotated up and out.

The install is just backwards. Good Luck.
Attached Images      
Old 08-05-2010, 12:25 PM
my996a
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant seem to put anymore images in since I have reached my limit. So see this link http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...64#entry182864

Quick Reply: Definitive Dash Removal Guide