Sponsored by:

Code number for factory GPS system

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Cicerosecundus
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code number for factory GPS system

I have a 2001 C4 that recently had a dead battery. When that occurs, after the battery is recharged, one must input the code number for the Porsche integrated radio and GPS system, which in the past unlocked the entire system. This time it unlocked everything but the factory GPS System, which now asks for me to input a code number for the GPS only. The system code number does not work for the GPS. I have the original plastic card that gives the code number for the entire system, and have never had a separate card that gives a GPS unlock code. A nearby Porsche service manager told me that the only way I will get the GPS unlock code from Porsche of America is to have the Agency remove the entire system from the dash and call in to Porsche of America a serial number off of the back end of the integrated system and then they must reinstall the entire system.

Any one have a better way of getting the unlock code for the GPS system. That is a lot of labor just to get a serial number.

Cicerosecundus
Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

my dealer gave me the PCM code when I gave them my VIN. Try another dealer.... give them proof it is your car.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Cicerosecundus
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the PCM Code. But, now that code does not work for the GPS System that has its own code separate from the PCM.

Cicerosecundus
Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Cicerosecundus
I have the PCM Code. But, now that code does not work for the GPS System that has its own code separate from the PCM.

Cicerosecundus
Can you explain further?? PCM is the nav/radio
Old 08-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

There is a set of 13-digit alphanumeric codes that go with that VIN as delivered by PCNA. They have all that information at Atlanta. It's an email away from the dealer. It's my belief that they owe that information to you or they are in violation of the Federal law that allows you to maintain a car outside the authorized car manufacturer circles.

I happen to have all my codes--and have retained them just in case the nonvolatile memory loses them.

Quick Reply: Code number for factory GPS system