Porsche Wheels Deals

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Bozbomber
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche Wheels Deals

Guys,

Some of you might already know or heard about this website but thought to share out. I was told people whom bought it from this site said it is real OEM and according to the part numbers, it is OEM part number also offering lifetime warranty. But I still think the price is a bit too cheap and wants to know if anyone here had made a purchase from them.

http://shop.wheelsrims.net/search.ht...002&part_type=
Old 06-30-2010, 07:48 PM
westcoast M5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems fishy to me $195 for Lobster claws, regular price $1,201 each. Interesting to hear if anyone has any experience with these guys.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:50 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

$200 sounds about right for replica OEM wheels as I am seeing sets go for 600-900 on eBay
Old 07-01-2010, 02:40 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 926 Posts

It doesn't look like an OEM part number to me...
Old 07-01-2010, 02:18 PM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

They have very limited numbers of OEM wheels, and they will substitute without notification. I ordered some '02 5-spokes and got replicas. They were very good about returning the wheels and I did not pay shipping.

That said, they were very high quality replicas and if they were not for the track, I would have kept them for that price.

There are many other threads on this website here by the way.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:24 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

price are ridiculously cheap... why don't they make GT3 replicas

I'd be taker at that price, nothing much to loose.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Bozbomber
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarkM
They have very limited numbers of OEM wheels, and they will substitute without notification. I ordered some '02 5-spokes and got replicas. They were very good about returning the wheels and I did not pay shipping.

That said, they were very high quality replicas and if they were not for the track, I would have kept them for that price.

There are many other threads on this website here by the way.
Did you had a chance to compare the weight? I am curious if the replicas they made weights the same as the original one or much heavier?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:07 AM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

The ones I got were within 1/2 lb of the OEM
Old 07-02-2010, 01:33 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozbomber
Did you had a chance to compare the weight? I am curious if the replicas they made weights the same as the original one or much heavier?
I've inquired about a few different styles of replicas and generally, they were all 4-5 lbs heavier per wheel, hence the reason why I'm still without new wheels.

You cannot do any kind of exotic casting methods or forge process for the price the reps go for so they sacrifice in weight by adding more materials so they can pass the structural tests.

If you're just a cruiser type of driver then reps are probably fine but if you're **** about performance, then reps might not cut it.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:08 AM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozbomber
Originally Posted by alpine003
I've inquired about a few different styles of replicas and generally, they were all 4-5 lbs heavier per wheel, hence the reason why I'm still without new wheels.

You cannot do any kind of exotic casting methods or forge process for the price the reps go for so they sacrifice in weight by adding more materials so they can pass the structural tests.

If you're just a cruiser type of driver then reps are probably fine but if you're **** about performance, then reps might not cut it.
If you're not worried about staying with the exact same style of rim, replicas can indeed weigh less than OEM wheels. I replaced my OEM solid turbo twists with Carrera 5-spoke replicas and saved about 20 lbs between all four wheels. I'm happy with my decision.

Also, those prices actually aren't all that cheap as compared to wheelsandcaps.com and eBay. I paid less than $600 shipped for my replicas from wheelsandcaps. The site mentioned in the original post wants $780 for the same things, and yes, I'd bet money that these replicas are all the same. Compare the part numbers...

http://wheelsandcaps.com/specials_pa...che%20Specials
Old 07-02-2010, 12:38 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tooloud10
If you're not worried about staying with the exact same style of rim, replicas can indeed weigh less than OEM wheels. I replaced my OEM solid turbo twists with Carrera 5-spoke replicas and saved about 20 lbs between all four wheels. I'm happy with my decision.

Also, those prices actually aren't all that cheap as compared to wheelsandcaps.com and eBay. I paid less than $600 shipped for my replicas from wheelsandcaps. The site mentioned in the original post wants $780 for the same things, and yes, I'd bet money that these replicas are all the same. Compare the part numbers...

http://wheelsandcaps.com/specials_pa...che%20Specials
Are the Wheelsandcaps.com wheels actually made in Italy as opposed to China?

Or does that only apply to some of their wheels?
I love those Carrera sport wheels. Shame they don't come in 18.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:07 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Originally Posted by soverystout
Are the Wheelsandcaps.com wheels actually made in Italy as opposed to China?

Or does that only apply to some of their wheels?
Mine came in Keystone Automotive boxes that said "Made in Italy".

I love those Carrera sport wheels. Shame they don't come in 18.
Talking about these ones? This is what I wanted on my 996 but I did not want 19" wheels on my car.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

The wheel pictured above is a Sport Design 997 wheel--not a Carrera Sport. These wheels offered for less than $200 each are cast in China with little regard to quality. Buyer beware. You get what you pay for.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:32 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Edgy01
The wheel pictured above is a Sport Design 997 wheel--not a Carrera Sport. These wheels offered for less than $200 each are cast in China with little regard to quality. Buyer beware. You get what you pay for.
My bad--I linked to the wrong picture and have put the correct one below. In any case, my replica wheels were made in Italy, not China, and I've found nothing to suggest that they were manufactured with little regard to quality. I'm aware of your opinion of replica wheels and if you've got some information that proves that they offer inferior performance, value, or safety, I'm all ears and in fact would love to read all about it.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:07 PM
jcan
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What advantage or disadvantage is there to going to a 19" wheel vs the 18" wheel? I really like the Carrera sport wheels, but if they only come in a 19"... What's the trade off?

Jeff

Quick Reply: Porsche Wheels Deals