996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Porsche Turbo Bumper Installed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:16 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

You may not believe it, but it's not a turbo bumper. It's actually a C4S bumper and the reason I can tell is that the lower skirt of the turbo goes straight across and the C4S bumper goes up in the middle, like yours.

Other than that, from what I understand and know, they are exactly the same. The reason the turbo front lip is straight is because of the aerodynamics (and it's the top speed aerodynamics of a C4S vs. a turbo which is something like 174mph vs. 190mph - does it really matter?!?!?)
Old 06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Chris996
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

How is the aerodynamic balance of the car now?
Aero feels the same at 85mph. Trying to come up with a way to rework front air ducts, currently they are not installed.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Chris996
Burning Brakes

It's actually a C4S bumper and the reason I can tell is that the lower skirt of the turbo goes straight across and the C4S bumper goes up in the middle
Close: This is a Turbo bumper with a C4S Spoiler. The center grill is open unlike the C4S that has a mesh back ground. But this could have been swapped out also. Anyway the spoiler was not in the pictures when first viewed and I was expecting the turbo spoiler. I was very pleased to see the C4s since this is more to the Anniversary setup and C4s.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Chris996
Burning Brakes

joel:

I got a speed yellow a couple of years ago. The bumper was pristine and the color matched perfectly! The aerodynamics are the same as the carrera4S or the anniversary edition with the small, rear spoiler...

Yes, I used your write-up on the turbo bumper install, thanks. Did you totally close up all gaps under the bumper?
I did the center with a piece of rubber but there are air gaps under the radiators since the ducts are out.
My temp appears to be running slightly higher than usual but it’s been very hot here in northern VA.
I am looking to rework the air ducts to get more air pressure on the radiators.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Chris996
Burning Brakes

Ok, I reworked original air duct and add black screening. Temp looks good.

Quick Reply: Porsche Turbo Bumper Installed.