Sponsored by:

I Love my 996!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 11:27 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb2010
i've thought about gettin the fisterD's but i jus can't bring myself to pay around $300 after all is said & done for a stock mufflers just like the ones i have, except for a lil' modification, what do you do if you don't like them after you put them on, you have to send them your stock mufflers back, so your kinda stuck with them like'em or not.. is the sound of the fisters somewhere between a stock muffler & the by-pass pipes, which i heard sound like if you jus unhook your mufflers, very loud, but they do save 50lbs in the rear. i guess is it worth the money for just a little more throaty sound, seems like alot of people think so
+1 on a better price if you can get a muffler shop to weld your stock mufflers "similar" to FisterD's. I have some extra 3.4 cans if your interested.

I thought of the same issue having the modded stock mufflers on and not saving any weight out back, so I did the next best thing and added some Fabspeed headers and 200 cel cats which saved quite a bit of weight and added just a little bit more sound, but no drone and definitely not obnoxiously loud since I have PSE hack cans to quell some of the noise that one would experience from headers and hi-flow cats. So far , so good.......

Quick Reply: I Love my 996!