Sponsored by:

SOLD - 1999 C4 cluster c/w white gauge faces

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010 | 08:40 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Default SOLD - 1999 C4 cluster c/w white gauge faces

As a result of my gauge cluster swap, I now have a US gauge cluster with white gauge faces on my hands.

$150 shipped anywhere in North America (by post with tracking number), OBO.

Here are the details and rationale for the price way below market.

Cosmetically, the cluster is very good. There is a bit silicone residue around the outside of a couple of the gauge faces where the carbon fibre trim rings were attached. I have removed 98% of it, but you might find some.

This cluster works fine, except
  • The oil pressure gauge reads about 0.8 to 1 bar low across the range (at road speed at operating temperature it reads about 3.2 bar instead of 4.2). I believe that the previous owner did not index the needle properly when changing the gauge faces. You could try to fix it, but I did not want to screw it up.
  • The fuel gauge may also read a bit on the low side (approximately a needle width) however, I believe that the gauge on C4 is notorious inaccurate.

Finally, this is a bit of a hybrid cluster, you are getting the front part of a US cluster (gauges and front cover) and the back part of a ROW cluster (LCD and circuit board). For this reason the sticker on back of the housing that shows the part as being a ROW (it’s from the Canadian cluster).

Because I swapped a cluster from a US car for one from a Canadian car, I disassembled the cluster to keep by LCD displays that store the mileage (see picture). As a result, if you were to install as is, this cluster will display the outside temperature read in Celsius. That being said, you could do the same and swap yours to keep your mileage correct and the temperature in Fahrenheit (assuming you are in the USA).

Last edited by fbgh2o; 06-01-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-31-2010 | 02:54 AM
fl996
Instructor

Default Cluster

PM sent.
Old 05-31-2010 | 10:45 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

PM sent.
Responded.
Old 05-31-2010 | 10:47 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

There were a couple of PMs about mileage etc. So I re-installed it to show it functioning. Additionally, you will want to make sure that you reconfigure the bulbs for the warning lights to make sure that you are displaying them correctly.

Old 06-01-2010 | 10:15 AM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Sold!

Quick Reply: SOLD - 1999 C4 cluster c/w white gauge faces