996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Spaniards are in revolution against Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:20 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joaquin, great to hear from you again, shame about the circumstances. I didn't realize we had such a bevy of experts on Spanish law here. Although I'm sure they opine earnestly, I think you guys would be well served to find a firm in spain that is willing to litigate on behalf of the specific people who have suffered the failures. Find an expert who can be called upon to provide technical support. Don't think along the lines of US burden of proof standards, especially as they apply to class actions here. You need to focus on whether or not you have recourse in Spain. You don't need to collect data or prove pattern and practice to prove that you've been injured individually.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:38 PM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

In Soloporsche forum we have a star thread in which we ask Porsche employees for information (as you know). We have thousand of visitors. An important person (Porsche Centre owner) told us that in the headquarters of Porsche Iberica (oficial spanish import dealer and distribuitor) they are very worried and concerned about all the true. They had an important internal meeting to manage this problem. Soloporsche forum is very important in the spanish Porsche lovers colective, and they know that we are not going to shut up our mouths.
We know that in a single Porsche Centre in Barcelone they are changing about 40-50 a engines in a whole year, more or less one per week.
People are very angry and don't accept as normal what It shouldn't be.
The expensive cost of the extended warranty, the helplessness to renove the warranty if your car passes than 10 years-old, the neglect which suffer users who purchased it as a second hand car... imagine those who suffer a failure when we know that It's due to a fail desing.

I'm not sure if soloporschers affected are going to organize a claim group or not, because they have to prove with an expert engineer report the bad design of the internal parts. They have to collect all the invoice bill, etc.
If a courageus lawyer appears in this issue, he will have the chance to be well known. The Porsche expert engineer told us that the figures they have is around 20% of IMS failures.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:14 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

I don't think you need a particularly courageous lawyer, just one who has successfully litigated against or obtained favorable settlements with automakers in spanish courts in the past. I would find this party first, explain the situation so that he sees that soloporsche community is a fertile ground for clients, and ask him how to proceed. He can determine what the best strategy is, whether that means a group claim or individual actions. He will know best what information is relevant in either circumstance, what questions to ask, whom to call as an expert, whom to subpoena for records.

You can't win a race if you don't know the course, and an experienced litigator, one who has brought actions against automakers before, will be the navigator you need to keep you from spinning your wheels.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Originally Posted by fty
As this is a difficult issue to address by porsche....what porsche should do is reduce engine replacement costs to those with engines afflicted with IMS issues....so instead of 12-14g for an engine...how about 6-7? It wouldnt be such a big deal then.
I think they are including the costs of removing the engine when it originally broke down, prep and shipping cost to the remanufacturing....(in germany?), tear down, clean and rebuilding, testing the engine,warehousing, shipping around the world again and the porsche name. Oh silly me, I also forgot at least doubling the cost for profits

Originally Posted by htny
I don't think you need a particularly courageous lawyer, just one who has successfully litigated against or obtained favorable settlements with automakers in spanish courts in the past.
I ran that through the bat computer and it came up with court corruption connections

Quick Reply: Spaniards are in revolution against Porsche