Sponsored by:

Roof Rack mystery

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 11:32 PM
ccbesq
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_r2r
Bringing from the dead. Just bought from e-bay too about a complete roofrack advertised as complete. But somehow the seller forgot to mention that the keys are also not included and that he lost it. I bought it really cheap, so I didn't want to return it and would look to other avenues of unlocking the lock and bike rack. If the op is still on board, where you able to unlock it?
Well, it seems like there's an epidemic - I just got around to trying to fit at least part of my new rack on the car using two of the three foam pads I have, when I discovered that there are no keys with it. Without the keys the cross-bars can't be attached to the feet, and the rack is useless. I'm going to contact the seller, but I suspect he'll say he doesn't have the keys. Then I guess I'll go in search of a competent locksmith who can make the keys. What a p.i.t.a.!
Old 09-01-2018, 06:14 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 279 Posts

Unreal that Porsche can’t or doesn’t provide replacement keys for RTS base locks. I transported my paddle board to Vermont, now I can’t find the keys, so RTS remains on the car....

Quick Reply: Roof Rack mystery