Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Tire advice(I did the research, just need a little assurance)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:39 PM
C4SnNJ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire advice(I did the research, just need a little assurance)

I have an 03 C4S and recently noticed I had a flat passenger side rear tire. I filled it up with air but noticed a hissing noise coming from the rear. After removing the rim/tire I sprayed the inner edge bead and noticed a air bubbles from all over the bead. Took it to a tire shop and they dismounted the tire. There is a crack all along the edge of the bead noticeable from the outside and inside. I guess the tire was low at one point and I must have driven on it to damage the tire.
To make a long story short I want some advice on replacing the tires. I am def. going to replace both rears(Toyo Proxes T1R) but is it necessary to replace the fronts? This will be the second summer on this set of tires. They probably have about 8k miles on them. Now for the cold hard facts. I measured the rolling circumference of the rear tire and it is 78 3/4". The fronts are 78 3/8". I checked online and the original RC is 79.16". The difference will be just a little over 1/2" from the old fronts and new rears. From what I have read this seems to be in the acceptable limit. What do you think?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:43 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have 18K on my t1rs and the fronts have a ton of tread left. I'm not certain if I've ever seen circumference spec posted, but there are definitely specs for rolling diamter published . regarding RD you'll be fine , do the rears
Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 PM
C4SnNJ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I had 2 thoughts going thru my head at the same time. I meant the circumference. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Tire advice(I did the research, just need a little assurance)