Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What to use to protect silicone intake hose ..

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 01:28 AM
150shot
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to use to protect silicone intake hose ..

Sorry didnt know how to really word the title of the post..

I have the schnell silicone intake hose that replaces the large rubber piece from the box to the Throttle body.

I noticed today that looks like the fan is hitting the intake hose and causing a mark where it hits. Its very small but I dont want to eventually eat through or damage the hose.

Any idea what I can put on top of the hose? I was thinking some material that just hardens to put a small layer on top?

I'm sure this hose is installed correctly, probably expanded from the heat.

thanks
Old 04-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by 150shot
Sorry didnt know how to really word the title of the post..

I have the schnell silicone intake hose that replaces the large rubber piece from the box to the Throttle body.

I noticed today that looks like the fan is hitting the intake hose and causing a mark where it hits. Its very small but I dont want to eventually eat through or damage the hose.

Any idea what I can put on top of the hose? I was thinking some material that just hardens to put a small layer on top?

I'm sure this hose is installed correctly, probably expanded from the heat.

thanks
Don't think I'd agree the hose installed correctly or routed correctly and the contact is due to the heat.

My advice would be to give the hose and its connections a very thorough inspection and make sure the hose is properly connected and arranged properly.

If the hose not connected properly this won't cause any air leak symptoms though it is an air leak. The air leak just allows the air to bypass the filter. This is not good even though the MAF still correctly measures the amount of air flowing past it. It and the entire engine getting a nice dusting of well dust adn dirt from the unfiltered air if I'm right.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:26 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Sounds like your airbox might be sitting up a bit high. Check the bolt towards the bumper direction and see if it's tight and the box is clipped under the ring of the bolt.

Quick Reply: What to use to protect silicone intake hose ..