996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Update on my repairs/problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:07 PM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

We'd be glad to help you at Hergesheimer's as well. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Jim Griffin
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try Callas Rennsport in Torrance CA. Tony Callas comes highly recommended by Joel Resnik of PCA Tech. He will be doing my L&N IMS and RMS replacements. I have also taken my car to Hergesheimer in Lake Forest and they are good,fair, knowledgeable and reasonablly priced.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Luminator
Rennlist Member

Default Back in Action

Finally got the car back yesterday. I am happy with the outcome. Had the trans mount replaced and it seems to have quieted down the noise I was hearing.
I no longer have any shudder at take off. They replaced numerous seals and o rings trying to track down the oil leak, and finally got it.

Thanks to all for the input and advice. The waiting game just killed me, I guess I need to be more patient. Sure is nice to be back on the road . Car seems faster after not being in it for so long.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:01 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Good for you!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hip hip hurray!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:14 PM
RSM!
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you got it fixed up!

I do want to throw in something tho about independent shops. I own one in CO and really am sad to hear about your troubles with the ones near you. We have been in business for 19 years now and I have heard no end to the horror stories from both independent shops AND the dealer. I hope you can find a good and reputable shop near you. The dealer is great, but a ton can be saved! We actually work with the dealer quite a bit sending work both ways. I guess what I am getting at is hopefully you can find a local independent shop, yet still use the dealer for some things. I just wanted to throw in something for Indy shops, there are still good ones......don't give up on us!
Old 04-21-2010, 07:01 PM
eric523
Pro

Originally Posted by RSM!
Glad to hear you got it fixed up!

I do want to throw in something tho about independent shops. I own one in CO and really am sad to hear about your troubles with the ones near you. We have been in business for 19 years now and I have heard no end to the horror stories from both independent shops AND the dealer. I hope you can find a good and reputable shop near you. The dealer is great, but a ton can be saved! We actually work with the dealer quite a bit sending work both ways. I guess what I am getting at is hopefully you can find a local independent shop, yet still use the dealer for some things. I just wanted to throw in something for Indy shops, there are still good ones......don't give up on us!
So true! Don't let a couple bad apples ruin it for all of us indy shops. You can't just loop them all together. We've been around for 32 years and have tried real hard to keep a strong reputation.

Glad you got the car sorted out.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a nice 996 for sale!! with NO problems....

Quick Reply: Update on my repairs/problems