Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Dension install in 996 Turbo with CDR23 (complete step-by-step with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:17 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't recall. There is a chance you would have to pay a visit to the dealer to make sure they activate it with the system tool.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:40 AM
axii
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for fast reply. Seems I have to visit dealer for I can not lock my car properly. Hope they will give me positive answer. Other questions, I plan to buy the gateway lite not the 500 since it is much cheaper. What do you think of using the usb port only? Thanks!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:08 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm not entirely sure what the Gateway Lite is or how it works. Sorry about that.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Magus
1st Gear

Gateway Lite from Dension site:

"If your car does not have a text capability, Gateway Lite is an easy to fit, easy to use option, which will play music from iPod or USB music devices, through the audio system in the car. The product is designed to be as simple to use as possible, so the last device plugged into it is the one that will play. Your iPod is controlled by the click wheel, however you can skip tracks using the FFWD button on the radio, or steering wheel. In some cars you can allocate folders from your USB device to the CD changer selection keys on the radio, making navigation that bit easier."

I am in the process of having a Gateway Lite installed in my '04 911. It's been a bit of a challenge with CD Changer (virtual) and connector issues but I think if I had read this thread first it would have made things much easier! Thanks
Old 10-21-2011, 06:21 AM
axii
3rd Gear

Finally I get it done. My car is 2003 Cayenne S with Bose and CDR-23 but do not have CD changer, have to pay several hundreds to dealer to get the cd changer enable.

I just put the dension lite below the head unit and behind the storage box (good to fit), and get the power from head unit power plug, and wired the port into the storage case under the armrest. You will need to buy the optional ipod cable if you want to use the ipod. I used the original fiber plug into the head unit, the one come from the package does not fit.

Here is the pictures for the major steps including removing head unit, connection, wired, etc.
Remove trim of head unit

Remove head unit

Tape the desnion unit below the head unit

Get power from head unit, the black is ground, see more from the link of (http://www.cartronics.com/downloads/Porsche_Tips.pdf)

insert the fiber to original plug from head unit (the outward one)

Remove the cover for wire

Wire to the storage place under the armrest

Finally done, it will support 6 folder with 99 songs each in usb disk, I used a 4GB disk that is good to contain 600 songs.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:51 AM
evson
1st Gear

Hi guys! I'm a newbie here and also to Porsche. I just got myself a Porsche 996 C4S -2004, imported from Turin, Italy. I live in Sweden. My problem is that I need an iPhone aux, bute there's none in my Bose navsystem with a telephone on the side. Even though I've studied this post, which is gr8 btw, and through the information on Densions website of the Gateway 500,,I just can't figure out if it's possible to install this in my car? Can I use the bluetooth adapter?

Can Someone help me?
Old 05-22-2012, 12:30 AM
RTSC4S
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Hard to follow Gateway 500 install

Appreciate your effort and great pictures. I am having trouble following procedure. New to me C4S and I know this was installed in 2010. DG500 with all the attachments well over $600-700 just for parts and seems like a penalty if you have Ip4(I do). Do you have the bluetooth and does everything work?

However the level of sophistication of the media experience along with retaining factory functions make this DG500 the obvious choice. I'd hate to see what a pro car tunes shop will charge for this install so DIY is the way to go. Sounds like Crutchfieldisn like support from Denison so glad to see that. One picture shows an iPhone with what looks like a connector on the bottom. Is that the Gateway cord? Another picture shows an iPod in the center console...2 harnesses. Hope you're still available?

I have factory CD changer so function should be on. Where is the Yakazi plug located...somewhere near CD CHANGER, BATTERY? Thx
Old 09-04-2017, 01:05 PM
numbah9
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LVDell, do you still think that this is the easiest grommet to cut into so that you can route the wires into the cabin?

I have the Gateway 500 Lite and I'm planning on mounting it where the factory CD changer goes.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:42 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by numbah9
LVDell, do you still think that this is the easiest grommet to cut into so that you can route the wires into the cabin?

I have the Gateway 500 Lite and I'm planning on mounting it where the factory CD changer goes.
Thats the gromet that is recommended by everyone, I searched for quite awhile and that's the best one I came up with as well. In another thread I discussed the path into the frunk via another gromet.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:51 PM
numbah9
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dan_189
Thats the gromet that is recommended by everyone, I searched for quite awhile and that's the best one I came up with as well. In another thread I discussed the path into the frunk via another gromet.
Thanks Dan. Guess it's time to whip out the Stanley knife..!

Quick Reply: Dension install in 996 Turbo with CDR23 (complete step-by-step with pics)