Sponsored by:

2002 Radio code?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 12:08 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 2002 Radio code?

Dummy me. I can't find my radio code after 8 years. Any shortcuts? Sorry for the stupid post. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:29 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think there is one for the MK2? I don't have one and my radio always functions after disconnecting the battery.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:10 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

call your friendly dealer, if it is the original radio...give them your vin.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I did that in my 99' and they charged me $50., cheaper than a new radio ...
Old 01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Barn996
I did that in my 99' and they charged me $50., cheaper than a new radio ...
hmmmmm.... I went to my local dealer, gave them my vin and they printed out NAV, RADIO and more codes that I didnt know existed.... (maybe for piwis?)... all for FREE. My jaw dropped, took the piece of paper and ran.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
scubadawg
Advanced

First way, this a a copy and paste from Renntech, I should have mention this, sorry Loren.

How to get your radio serial number?
CR-220/CDR-220:
Hold down the TP button for at least 10 seconds after you turn the radio on. "Becker 1" will be displayed. Rotate the right **** (slowly) and it will display the Becker model number. Then rotate it again and the serial number should be displayed on the radio.
Or, if the radio is out of the car the then the serial number is on the label.

CR-210:
Press tone, then 8 and 0 simultaneously. "Becker" appears. Press station up arrow on right. "PR-VERS" appears. Press one of numbered buttons below display, directly below the LCD arrowheads (try a few). The model number will appear. Press station up arrow on right. "SERIAL N" will appear. Press the numbered button again. The serial number will appear.

CDR-23 (or later):
These radios do not have a security code - that is, not that the user enters.
These radios are security tested on the MOST (fiber optic bus) system to see if they are the "programmed" radio. Only a dealer or shop with a PST2 or PIWIS tester can replace a MOST bus radio (i.e. CDR-23, CDR-24).

I get a WAIT in the display - what do I do?
You have to wait 1 hour - with the radio on and ignition switch on (or the car running).

Neither of the suggested numbers worked - what do I do now?
My program does not always work. It works maybe 95% of the time but I have no explanation why it doesn't always work.
You can try 2 digits different each time (and sometime that works). So if your code is 1013 - then try codes 2 digits different from that code (i.e. 1011, 1009, 1015, 1017. etc.)
If that does not work then you will need to contact a dealer or Becker. Becker charges to look up your code and some dealers do too.

If you have the becker deck removal keys remove the deck, serial number on the back

Becker Serial Number Location Guide
The first step is to remove your becker car radio from the car, you will then be able to locate the unique serial number required for decoding by inspecting the top and right hand side of the radio.

A typical example of becker numbers are as follows :
Type 1 has a split becker model and serial number such as
Model : BE0837 - Serial : Y1245784
Model : BE1122 - Serial : Y7654321
Type 2 has the becker serial number and model combined to form the complete serial number
Serial : BE411021234567
Serial : BE1234Y1234567

I have a key gen for becker, if you post the serial number, I'll generate a code for you, but no garantee if the code will work, I have a spare CDR-220 deck that the key gen did not work and called Becker, and the tech there gave me the code free

Last edited by scubadawg; 01-04-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 01-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitey||C4S
I don't think there is one for the MK2? I don't have one and my radio always functions after disconnecting the battery.
Thats 03 + w/MOST , 02 needs a code. It is stored in the ECU if you have access to a durametric.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great info you posted Scubadowg. Somebody ought to stick it some place for others to refrence easy if it isn't already. Me I went aftermarket with bluetooth, usb and acc lines for mp3 and cell connect. We be jammin' with all the new laws being stuck on us.

Originally Posted by scubadawg
First way

How to get your radio serial number?
CR-220/CDR-220:
Hold down the TP button for at least 10 seconds after you turn the radio on. "Becker 1" will be displayed. Rotate the right **** (slowly) and it will display the Becker model number. Then rotate it again and the serial number should be displayed on the radio.

CR-210:
Press tone, then 8 and 0 simultaneously. "Becker" appears. Press station up arrow on right. "PR-VERS" appears. Press one of numbered buttons below display, directly below the LCD arrowheads (try a few). The model number will appear. Press station up arrow on right. "SERIAL N" will appear. Press the numbered button again. The serial number will appear.

CDR-23 (or later):
These radios do not have a security code - that is, not that the user enters.
These radios are security tested on the MOST (fiber optic bus) system to see if they are the "programmed" radio. Only a dealer or shop with a PST2 or PIWIS tester can replace a MOST bus radio (i.e. CDR-23, CDR-24).

I get a WAIT in the display - what do I do?
You have to wait 1 hour - with the radio on and ignition switch on (or the car running).

Neither of the suggested numbers worked - what do I do now?
My program does not always work. It works maybe 95% of the time but I have no explanation why it doesn't always work.
You can try 2 digits different each time (and sometime that works). So if your code is 1013 - then try codes 2 digits different from that code (i.e. 1011, 1009, 1015, 1017. etc.)
If that does not work then you will need to contact a dealer or Becker. Becker charges to look up your code and some dealers do too.

If you have the becker deck removal keys remove the deck, serial number on the back

Becker Serial Number Location Guide
The first step is to remove your becker car radio from the car, you will then be able to locate the unique serial number required for decoding by inspecting the top and right hand side of the radio.

A typical example of becker numbers are as follows :
Type 1 has a split becker model and serial number such as
Model : BE0837 - Serial : Y1245784
Model : BE1122 - Serial : Y7654321
Type 2 has the becker serial number and model combined to form the complete serial number
Serial : BE411021234567
Serial : BE1234Y1234567

I have a key gen for becker, if you post the serial number, I'll generate a code for you, but no garantee if the code will work, I have a spare CDR-220 deck that the key gen did not work and called Becker, and the tech there gave me the code free
Old 01-02-2010, 08:46 PM
xel996
Advanced

When I got my 00C2 it came with an after market denon. Only the dash speakers are working and I want to get a becker CR-220. What should I look out for if im getting a used one? codes and stuff? Sorry for the hijack.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by xel996
When I got my 00C2 it came with an after market denon. Only the dash speakers are working and I want to get a becker CR-220. What should I look out for if im getting a used one? codes and stuff? Sorry for the hijack.
Just make sure it has the code, you might want to pull the Denon and make sure the factory wiring is intact.
You also might want to keep the Denon because the Becker's really do suck.
I was very happy when I replaced it.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
Just make sure it has the code, you might want to pull the Denon and make sure the factory wiring is intact.
You also might want to keep the Denon because the Becker's really do suck.
I was very happy when I replaced it.
You're being kind Marc....Beckers suck to the 3rd power!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Another option is Renntech.org. Loren has a sticky thread on the 996 forum specifically for people seeking cdr-220 radio codes. It's a great site you should join if you haven't already!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pac996
Great info you posted Scubadowg. Somebody ought to stick it some place for others to refrence easy if it isn't already. Me I went aftermarket with bluetooth, usb and acc lines for mp3 and cell connect. We be jammin' with all the new laws being stuck on us.
Um... that is copy of the Lost Radio Code FAQ I posted at RennTech.org
You can find a the original information here

And, yes we will lookup a "best guess" of lost radio codes for you. There is a link at the end of the FAQ.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 772 Posts

It is worth a try. In my case, it didn't work. I called Becker directly. They no longer give the codes out for free. I believe they charged me $20 to look it up.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:03 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

There was a cool little gizmo I saw somewhere that plugs into the cig lighter and used a 9V batt to keep power to the radio just to prevent his kind of thing.

Quick Reply: 2002 Radio code?