Sponsored by:

ECU Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts
Default ECU Question

In running my durometric scan I came across a conflict between what the VIN # is on both the plate by the ft window and the sticker under the front hood (which match)

The software scan gives up a different WPO # then the data plate does. The serial number as listed in the ECU is some 3000 lower then the VIN plate. As well, the ECU lists the trans model as a G9600 which considering I have a Tip would be wrong. I believe the G9600 is a six speed manual code. A Tip should start with A96***

Soooo... my question is this: 1. Is it possible that this ECU is a replacement? 2. Would a replacement ECU remember the first model car it was first installed in and not my car's equipment/serial number?
Old 12-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just looked around the web and found one guy with a problem of he used his laptopp with a non specific to the software reader programs device and messed up his 997. Possibly somebody crashed the old ECU like above and replaced it with the handiest thing he could find. Or maybe bad reading. I figure you have received the same numbers multiple times already checking. Could of been a flash gone bad orrrrr.... wanna sell it quite and quick?

I'm sure you know Porsche could swap out for a legit ECU.

In the below link using chinese or taiwan knock off attachments with laptop are said to be killers of ECU's.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...e-problem.html
Old 12-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

No it's not the software. All other data is correct.

Quick Reply: ECU Question