Sponsored by:

Clutch (not clutch pedal) creaking noise at take-up point

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts
Question Clutch (not clutch pedal) creaking noise at take-up point

Noise is from engine/transmission for sure. Happens intermittently and usually when car is warmed up and underload when clutch is being disengaged at the take-up point. Lasts only a fraction of a second but quite annoying. Sounds exactly like when you walk on old/loose wooden floor.

Could it be the clutch slave cylinder?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-23-2009, 04:42 PM
M3 Defector
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 27 Posts

When you say disengaged do you mean when you let the clutch pedal out and the car starts moving? I assume you do because you say it happens under load. If that is the case I get what sounds like the same exact noise. It only happens when taking off moderately aggressively.

Almost sounds like a belt, but I don't think it is. I'll be interested to read other input.

Don
Old 12-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by M3 Defector
When you say disengaged do you mean when you let the clutch pedal out and the car starts moving? I assume you do because you say it happens under load. If that is the case I get what sounds like the same exact noise. It only happens when taking off moderately aggressively.

Almost sounds like a belt, but I don't think it is. I'll be interested to read other input.

Don
Yes, exactly what you described!
Old 12-23-2009, 05:19 PM
yasuro
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search this forum for "clutch creak" and you'll see some entries regarding this problem. my clutch did the same until i changed fluid and burped clutch.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by yasuro
search this forum for "clutch creak" and you'll see some entries regarding this problem. my clutch did the same until i changed fluid and burped clutch.
Thanks. So in your case, I assume it was the clutch slave cylinder then? Maybe I should just try that first.

I searched but most cases I saw are the clutch pedal hinge/spring creaking. I didn't see any case of creaking noise at the engine/transmission at take-up point.

Quick Reply: Clutch (not clutch pedal) creaking noise at take-up point