Sponsored by:

Looks like Farnbacher Loles is done..

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The real sad story is that all the employees including Spencer *** whom we all know to be a great guy have lost their jobs just before Xmas. I know that one of the guys has just had twins.

The good news is that Spencer & Crew have setup shop 10mins away and are open for business and are willing to help everyone, please lend your support to a great bunch of people who have misfortune to be part of this.

Spencer can be reached at 203 733 1454.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Schwabische Auto
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marks951
They were switching to BMW's anyway.
Your point being? With respect to the racing team?
Old 12-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Marks951
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just joking....they were going to BMW's and that would mean they wouldn't be supporting Porsche stuff anymore.

Although it's still bad they are closing up shop and Loles apparently has taken money from people.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Schwabische Auto
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marks951
I was just joking....they were going to BMW's and that would mean they wouldn't be supporting Porsche stuff anymore.

Although it's still bad they are closing up shop and Loles apparently has taken money from people.
Its Cool, I probably should have put a smiley in my post too. I figured both the BMW and Porsche in my avatar was enough. Actually, there is a lot less bagging on BMWs here then bagging on Porsches in the M3 forums. Maturity factor seems to be higher here, no matter what your on your preference of car.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:58 PM
mjdavis
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

So, when I bought my car about 2 months ago, I saw that the previous owner had done all the service at F-L. I was planning to continue that practice, thinking that it's probabaly a good idea to keep the car with people that are familiar with it. Now that this is no longer an option, does anyone here have a recommendation for a good Porsche mechanic near Manhattan?
Old 12-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mjdavis
So, when I bought my car about 2 months ago, I saw that the previous owner had done all the service at F-L. I was planning to continue that practice, thinking that it's probabaly a good idea to keep the car with people that are familiar with it. Now that this is no longer an option, does anyone here have a recommendation for a good Porsche mechanic near Manhattan?
All the way to Connecticut? Wow.

I use this guy in Freeport, NY. It's not too far from the LIRR station, and closer than CT.

http://www.rudtnersracing.com/index2.php

He isn't a ripoff, but if you're looking for a bargain go somewhere else. He knows his stuff.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:24 PM
mjdavis
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks like a good spot. I'll check in with them when the time comes. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply: Looks like Farnbacher Loles is done..