caster and steering feel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:43 AM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default caster and steering feel?

Hey guys I did a brief search but found mostly M3 troll threads

How adjustable is the m030 caster and how much will it affect steering feel? Right now my wheel doesn't feel like it wants to center itself too much (at least compared to the 944, where my caster is maxed out) and it actually will lock towards whichever way you are steering if you go all the way towards the steering limits, which I thought was a little odd.

Anyways, anyone run max caster? I always like to pick up some dynamic camber and stiffen up the steering but I don't want to prematurely wear out any of the suspension pieces.

I ran max caster/camber with close to zero toe on the 944 and found it was a good setup for autocross without wearing the tires out on the street. From what I've searched I probably won't be able to get away with that on the 996 though. I have never been one to get a lot of life out of tires so I really focusing on driving enjoyment over tire life but I'm not made of money.

Is it worth getting an unnecessary alignment before the next autocross to try to squeeze some more fun out of the handling?

Quick Reply: caster and steering feel?