Sponsored by:

Oil Overflow? A/O Separater?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 04:47 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil Overflow? A/O Separater?

I changed the oil before a track event. I may have overfilled by about 1/2 quart. I noticed last night a 1 tbsp. oil puddle under the left side that appeared to be running down the front the top of the motor. I couldn't see any oil slinging from the top of the motor. I thought I detected a slight bit of exhaust smoke yesterday afternoon.
Last night I wiped the oil off and restarted. I detected no smoke and this morning, the motor was still dry.
I'm just wondering if some oil could have overflowed, possibly through the A/o separater? I'm throwing no engine codes. This was CMP and the car was throwned around quite a bit. This track is hard on the left side as it has some hard right turns. Other than smoke and engine code, what's are symptoms if I did get oil in the separater?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pat056
I changed the oil before a track event. I may have overfilled by about 1/2 quart. I noticed last night a 1 tbsp. oil puddle under the left side that appeared to be running down the front the top of the motor. I couldn't see any oil slinging from the top of the motor. I thought I detected a slight bit of exhaust smoke yesterday afternoon.
Last night I wiped the oil off and restarted. I detected no smoke and this morning, the motor was still dry.
I'm just wondering if some oil could have overflowed, possibly through the A/o separater? I'm throwing no engine codes. This was CMP and the car was throwned around quite a bit. This track is hard on the left side as it has some hard right turns. Other than smoke and engine code, what's are symptoms if I did get oil in the separater?
The most common symptom is clouds of white smoke bellowing out your pipes on startup....
Old 10-19-2009, 06:01 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

1/2 a quart is sure to get oil in your intake.... this is common (especially during DE). Alot of people runs 1/2 a quart less for DE.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Hawk2109
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is an upgrade for your A/O separator too. Here is the part number 996-107-926-00.

This is a PAG only part I think but you should be able to order it for your car. 99-04 996.

Just FYI.

Erik Johnson
GBox Sales Manager
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell

Quick Reply: Oil Overflow? A/O Separater?