Sponsored by:

Clear Bra Cost Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:47 PM
RockSS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra Cost Question

I have an 2004 Targa. I wanted to have the clear bra installed. The installer quoted me $900. He said that was a discounted price. It seems a bit high to me. What do you folks think?
Thanks,
Tony C
Old 10-06-2009, 09:18 PM
9 lives
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

seems a tad high - depending on how much he is going to cover of course. I had my hood, fenders (24") and mirrors done for 300 (Can) last year and was told that if I wanted the front bumper done, it would be another 300 - but I was also told that he wouldn't do it until the bumper was re-sprayed.

A friend of mine, just had his BMW 335 done - full front (bumper, fenders, hood, mirrors and headlights) for 600.

You may want to shop around.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Jon996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my experience, prices are all over the place on clearbra. If you are lucky, you might find out who is doing the work for the dealer. Calling direct saves about 50% (in my experience). I think $900 is about typical for a dealer price (discounted from $925 )
Old 10-06-2009, 10:48 PM
smackboy1
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

It all depends what kind of clear bra installation you are getting. It's really hard to compare prices for clear bra installation until you factor in the work being put into it. The film itself is not that expensive, it's the labor that's costly. The best film is made by 3M or VentureShield (which is now owned by 3M).

On the low end, it's just applying a pre-cut pattern. It's basically a decal and you can see most of the lines up close. It protects the paint but doesn't look that good. That should cost a few hundred.

On the high end, the film is hand cut and wrapped around all the edges (requiring removal of the the lights and bumper cover). There are no lines and you can't see the film at all. It looks completely invisible but is very labor intensive and dependent on the skills of the installer.

As a price point I just paid $1,800 for full track coverage (the whole front end, hood, fenders, mirrors, doors and side skirts). It took a few days to apply and nobody can tell there is a clear bra on the car, even with their nose 6 inches from the paint.

Find the guy that the local high end car dealers use and contact him directly.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 PM
EastBay
Instructor

dude, you are in the bay, look on craigslist. There are quite a few clear bra guys advertising there. Or do it yourself, see my previous post on it.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:06 PM
RockSS
Intermediate

Thanks for the input. The potential installer is same one the dealer uses. They charge $1200 to $1300 at the dealer but the guy is discounting it to $900.
He did say that I will not be able to see it and it will be for "full coverage" i.e. all the places where impacts can happen.
Thanks,
Tony C
Old 10-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

Originally Posted by RockSS
Thanks for the input. The potential installer is same one the dealer uses. They charge $1200 to $1300 at the dealer but the guy is discounting it to $900.
He did say that I will not be able to see it and it will be for "full coverage" i.e. all the places where impacts can happen.
Thanks,
Tony C
Wow.. what a deal... considering that the price TO the dealer is $349...

Quick Reply: Clear Bra Cost Question