996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

NIP / TUCK

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 08:59 PM
silverstutt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shop that mediated the job, Fast Forward Wheel / PCars / Fast Forward Performance or whatever the hell they like to be called, they have accused me of hitting the bumper so I hard that it cause all the problems I have and don't want to make the adjustments they promised they were going to make the day I picked it up.
1) Debris is trapped between the mesh and the radiators (leaves, small branches, paper). Needs to be removed
2) The silver bracket was to be painted black as it shows thru the mesh.
3) The bumper is buckled up at the driver's headlight and it is digging into the paint.
4) The made a mess on the paint over the left fender and scuffed it when they tried to force the bumper into place.
5) They did not polish anything and delivered the car dirty.
6) Paint didn't match.

You have to understand I have known the owner for a long time now and never expected that I had to take photos and document any of this, he turned on me for no absolute acceptable reason. The only thing he agreed to do was to repaint the bumper cause it is a different color. DUH!

He has broken a verbal contract with me and accused me of being a liar and I will never forgive him for that and being so disrespectful toward me.

After I got upset he told me I was getting it all done for free. He acted like he was giving something to me, so I rejected it considering the fact that they couldn't fix what they had screwed up in the first place.

He is such an incompetent gutless idiot that preferred doing this than actually check the bumper since he had agreed to paint it anyway! What a pathetic moron.

I will pay a shop to remove the bumper and see if they have mounted it wrong on the driver's side causing it to buckle upward of 1/4 inch.

Basically I'm paying a shop $200 to remove it and re-install it just to see what the problem may be. Isn't something THE ORIGINAL SHOP could of done since they where going to re-paint, remove the debris and re-paint the brackets? DUH what morons.

Sorry all for bothering you with my problems.
V
Old 10-15-2009, 09:03 PM
silverstutt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Consider I just got my Mini cooper back from a body shop last month (not much luck with cars lately) and... WONDRIES COLLISION CENTER in Alhambra CA finished the job in 5 days, offered me a ride, the job was flawless and they washed a waxed my car, for a rear bumper replacement.

Quick Reply: NIP / TUCK