Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 brakes. 2004 C4S Sunroof Glass or Body Colored? And Edmunds pricing accurate?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:31 PM
qirex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, but the 9C4S has a really special look to it. Some folks arent power junkies (not me however)
Old 08-18-2010, 10:01 PM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by htny
M3Armand, I wish you all the best in your search but based on our posts to date cannot for the life of me figure out why you would buy a 6C4S today, especially given your stated proclivities and experience. For your first used car it's definitely too old, and at the risk of offending C4S people, not worth the premium in this market given the very nominal incremental cost to be in a Turbo. I also had the heeby jeebies about purchasing "naked" used, and went CPO a couple of years ago on my '02. If i were buying a 996 today, there's no way it wouldn't be a CPO TT or a well known GT3. Otherwise just buy a 2006 7C4 (you don't need an S if you're happy with the standard 325bhp). These are all in a similar priceband, the GT3 a little over, and very special. I would recommend the forum over at 6speed if you're thinking turbo, much more active than here. I would not buy a car that a dealer wouldn't certify, there's always a reason and it's never pretty.
With all due respect, I am one of those fools who bought an "outstanding" 2003 C4S with 20,000 miles on the clock from a dealer in January of this year without a CPO. I proceeded to drive the car from San Diego to Atlanta without any problems whatsoever. Then, I had the gall to participate in two DE's at Road Atlanta. Imagine my surprise to the fact that I've not had a single problem. Since purchase, I've put +7000 miles on my unreliable piece of sh!*. The horror!

To the OP, there are very good, reliable 996 C4S's out there. My research indicated that an '03-04 C4S with <30,000 and well optioned should run between $35,000 and $45,000. Some more, some less. As far as the brakes go, I haven't driven the Boxster, but, the brakes on my C4S are more than capable on the track.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:24 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ATL Fahrer
With all due respect, I am one of those fools who bought an "outstanding" 2003 C4S with 20,000 miles on the clock from a dealer in January of this year without a CPO. I proceeded to drive the car from San Diego to Atlanta without any problems whatsoever. Then, I had the gall to participate in two DE's at Road Atlanta. Imagine my surprise to the fact that I've not had a single problem. Since purchase, I've put +7000 miles on my unreliable piece of sh!*. The horror!
+1

With all due respect, I am one of those fools who bought an "outstanding" 2002 C4S with 34,000 miles on the clock from a dealer in March of 2008 with a CPO. I proceeded to drive the car from Kentucky to NY without any problems whatsoever. Then, I had the gall to participate in five DE's at various tracks. Imagine my surprise to the fact that I've not had a single problem (although had a bad coil pack). Since purchase, I've put +13000 miles on my unreliable piece of sh!*. The horror!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:06 AM
Mabuhay
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1

With all due respect, I am one of those fools who bought an "outstanding" 2004 C4S with 17k miles on the clock from a dealer in October of 2009 with a CPO. I proceeded to drive the car without any problems whatsoever. Then, I had the gall to participate in a DE. Imagine my surprise to the fact that I've not had a single problem. Since purchase, I've put +5000 miles on my unreliable piece of sh!*. The horror!

Quick Reply: 996 brakes. 2004 C4S Sunroof Glass or Body Colored? And Edmunds pricing accurate?