Sponsored by:

Need help with Sticky and Slow drivers side window

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:00 PM
BuddyK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Sticky and Slow drivers side window

Something sticky like a juicy bug or a birdbomb must have hit the drivers window outside and before I realized it, I rolled the window down. I noticed a smear when I rolled it up, and had to continue on my journey.

Since then, the electric window motor has been lugging near stall to get the window down - the rubber flashing on the outside rolls inwards and adds more friction, and even on the inside it causes problems.

I tried twice now at the spray and wash to spray off the area under there, and tried to get it clean when the window is completely rolled down by sticking a rag in there and rubbing.

It's helping, but not a complete success yet.

I was almost tempted to add some vaseline or something slippery in there for a while just to "neutralize" the sticky stuff that must be inside there. That's when I decided maybe I better ask here before doing something really dumb.

How am I going to get this window rolling down smoothely again?

Is there anything slippery i could put on the inner lip of the rubber flashing outside on the window/door border? Or on the inside?

I still have no idea what the sticky stuff was - I think it was a big juicy bug of some sort. Sort of a clear sugary sappy stuff maybe. All that remains of it has to be somewhere inside the door, and it's still causing problems.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:12 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 263 Posts

I had that happen to me when parked under a tree with sap dropping. I washed it and it was better.
Try Goof Off with a rag and clean it up immediately. I had extra grease on my rims and normal car wash would not get it off. Goof Off did right away.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:21 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Try Rain-X on the window. Put a line along the wiper and run the window up and down. Then polish the window per instructions on the bottle.

Quick Reply: Need help with Sticky and Slow drivers side window