Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

So I got my 996!!! Then someone rear-ended me...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 11:16 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArneeA
Also, why make the fine so cheap? Why don't they make it $1,000 like littering?
Or make phone-induced rear-end collisions a criminal offense (assault with a deadly weapon)?

Idiots.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
Or make phone-induced rear-end collisions a criminal offense (assault with a deadly weapon)?

Idiots.
Littering here in CA is a $1000 fine. I don't think all that many littering tickets handed out though, given the number of drivers I see not only flicking the ash of their cigarettes out the window but then tossing the lit cigarette butt out as well and as far as I can tell not one furtive glance around beforehand checking for police before the toss.

Here where I live the hills are very very dry and as the summer (and rainless season) progresses more and more blackened areas on the side of the road appear as grass fires are started from discarded cigarette butts.

One would think the police would be more aggressive in enforcing this anti-littering law simply in deference to their firefighter brethern to help reduce the number of fire calls firefighters go out on to put these grass fires down before they become full blown grass/forest fires.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: So I got my 996!!! Then someone rear-ended me...