Sponsored by:

Aux and CD both into CDR220?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 12:12 AM
sheatley
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Aux and CD both into CDR220?

I added the Becker Aux cable to my Becker CDR220 (car is 2001 C2 coupe). Works great. Looking at the back inputs, there are additional open spaces. Can I add the CD changer to this with the Aux cable in place?

Thanks
Old 08-24-2009, 04:09 PM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No, unless you use a switch of some type. Sony makes an automatic one that senses the signal from the ipod (or whatever) and switches to it. No signal for 10 seconds, and it swiches back to the CD player. I had one installed in mine, but could not get rid of alternator whine, so went back to just ipod (or cd) by swapping RCA cables. Only other caveat is that if you use the switch and do not switch the head unit to enable "aux", then when ever you use the ipod you have to have a CD loaded in the changer that "plays" while you listen to the ipod. The other connections are all taken up for something else or not used.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:23 PM
sheatley
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by perryinva
No, unless you use a switch of some type. Sony makes an automatic one that senses the signal from the ipod (or whatever) and switches to it. No signal for 10 seconds, and it swiches back to the CD player. I had one installed in mine, but could not get rid of alternator whine, so went back to just ipod (or cd) by swapping RCA cables. Only other caveat is that if you use the switch and do not switch the head unit to enable "aux", then when ever you use the ipod you have to have a CD loaded in the changer that "plays" while you listen to the ipod. The other connections are all taken up for something else or not used.
Thank you for the above reply.

Scott

Quick Reply: Aux and CD both into CDR220?