Sponsored by:

Track doods - brake cooling mod (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 07:22 PM
rs10
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by himself
If you read the entire thread, you will get the gist of the parts and install.
Hmm, well I did read it, but I share Ahmed's confusion. In the first post, it sounds like you configured the stock liner. In other posts, there is some mention of GT3 liners. I'd like know if I can add these ducts (the upper ones mentioned in your first post) to my C2 without getting a new liner. Did you succeed in doing this?

Thanks for letting us know!
Old 01-02-2017, 07:39 PM
rs10
Burning Brakes

Come to think of it, has anyone reading this thread done this? With the original wheel well liners? Or ... ? On a 996.1 or 996.2?

And the other big question: Some say venting air into the wheel wells reduces drag and lift, at least that's been claimed of adding vent holes in the wheel well liner similar to those in a Turbo. Has anyone who has done it as shown here noticed any effect on lift or drag?

Thanks again!!
Old 01-30-2017, 08:34 AM
Evil Bunny
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

RS10 - You need to modify the radiator cowls that side behind the wheel arch liners to realize any benefit.

The cowl collects air that has passed through the rads and then directs in 90 degrees downwards to under the car.

Some say this causes air stacking through the rads and front end lift, I would agree.

You need to cut/modify the rad cowl so as some air can pass straight through onto the back of the wheel arch liner, you then vent, slot, cut the wheel arch liner so as the air passes straight through into the wheel well.

Porsche obviously realized that the 996 design was flawed, as all future model (Including 996 turbo) ducted the air straight through into the wheel well, these models have wheel arch liners with vents manufactured in them, however they will not fit a 996.

I have pictures of mine if required.

Cheers
Old 02-05-2017, 07:36 PM
rs10
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Evil Bunny
RS10 - You need to modify the radiator cowls that side behind the wheel arch liners to realize any benefit.

The cowl collects air that has passed through the rads and then directs in 90 degrees downwards to under the car.

Some say this causes air stacking through the rads and front end lift, I would agree.

You need to cut/modify the rad cowl so as some air can pass straight through onto the back of the wheel arch liner, you then vent, slot, cut the wheel arch liner so as the air passes straight through into the wheel well.

Porsche obviously realized that the 996 design was flawed, as all future model (Including 996 turbo) ducted the air straight through into the wheel well, these models have wheel arch liners with vents manufactured in them, however they will not fit a 996.

I have pictures of mine if required.

Cheers
If you could post pictures, it would be very interesting to see how you have doen this. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Track doods - brake cooling mod (pics)