996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

weak 996 clutch throw out bearing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:01 AM
maniac
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry weak 996 clutch throw out bearing?

I have a '02 996 C2 with just 47000 miles, I found that after my first DE track driving my car began to make clutch noises, the problem was the throw out bearing, the mechanic installed a new OEM clutch kit that included this part, just one week later that I went to my 2nd. DE, again the same noise, now the mechanic mentions that is the same problem, but that he will charge me again the same amount of labor, because the problem is the part. Does this cars have a weak throw out bearing?, Did you have this similar issue?, How do you take care of it?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:23 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your mechanic doesn't have any kind of labor & parts warranty? If not, I'd find another mechanic.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:32 AM
maniac
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Yes he has guarantee on his labor, but he mentioned that he trusted his work, and that probably the throw out bearing from Porsche was bad, and since I ordered the part myself from a Dealer, that he does not warrant the part. That just to inspect the clutch he will charge me the same labor cost than before. Also he mentioned that because I used the car on the DE event, that´s why it happened. But is a Porsche a sport car that is intended for racing not a cavalier

Quick Reply: weak 996 clutch throw out bearing?