996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Durametric Software. Thank You

Old 03-10-2009, 02:59 AM
springgeyser
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Durametric Software. Thank You

Durametric has great Customer Service. TY Owen S.

I bought the software almost 2 years ago for my 996 but my hard drive crashed leave me with just a $250 cable. or so I thought. One email to Durametric and a prompt response back stating I can just download the software off the site. DOH.

I''ve been scratching my head for days trying to figure out all issues I am having with my 996...

Anyways, with the Durametric hooked up I found out quickly what was causing my codes.
-ABS/PSM is a front right short in the sensor. I installed a new suspension, must have not tighten the connector well. We'll see tomorrow when I clean the connector and hook it back up. I thought it might have been my PSM module going bad or the brake switch or the speed sensor (from lowering the front).
-CEL. Bank 2 O2 sensor after Cat is throwing a code. When the car is at operating temp, I can clear the code and the CEL doesn''t come back. Just in time for smog test. Worst case I have a couple of O2 that I can swap in.
-Found my RPM is a little low.
-bunch of other nifty readings from the Durametric that I do not rmember seeing in earlier versions.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Clearing codes also resets all readiness monitors to not complete...

Originally Posted by springgeyser
Durametric has great Customer Service. TY Owen S.

I bought the software almost 2 years ago for my 996 but my hard drive crashed leave me with just a $250 cable. or so I thought. One email to Durametric and a prompt response back stating I can just download the software off the site. DOH.

I''ve been scratching my head for days trying to figure out all issues I am having with my 996...

Anyways, with the Durametric hooked up I found out quickly what was causing my codes.
-ABS/PSM is a front right short in the sensor. I installed a new suspension, must have not tighten the connector well. We'll see tomorrow when I clean the connector and hook it back up. I thought it might have been my PSM module going bad or the brake switch or the speed sensor (from lowering the front).
-CEL. Bank 2 O2 sensor after Cat is throwing a code. When the car is at operating temp, I can clear the code and the CEL doesn''t come back. Just in time for smog test. Worst case I have a couple of O2 that I can swap in.
-Found my RPM is a little low.
-bunch of other nifty readings from the Durametric that I do not rmember seeing in earlier versions.
and depending upon where you are if too many of these are incomplete the car will fail emissions. In CA it is any two but this varies from state to state.

First thing the check at the smog test asked me when he saw code reader on floor of my car was to ask me if I had used it to clear any error codes. I told him no cause I know in doing so also resets the readiness monitors. I told him I just used it to verify all wear set to complete.

He then proceeded to hook up a small code reader that he used to query the readiness monitors to also verify enough were set to complete to continue the test. He told me any two can be incomplete.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Durametric Software. Thank You