996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Litronic bulb replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 02:25 AM
emdog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how come every time I enter in my year 01 911, it always says that the d2s doesn't fit my car??
Old 01-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by emdog
how come every time I enter in my year 01 911, it always says that the d2s doesn't fit my car??
Its D2S and same Part Number for all 95+ Porsche Litronics
Old 01-18-2011, 11:24 AM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

you have to look at the bulb to find out what they are
Old 07-01-2014, 03:48 AM
KeinWasser
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Looking for advice here: I ran across this thread and ironically, have similar problem as reported by Michael, one litronic (low beam) headlight that flickers when I turn on the headlights, but the lamp does not stay on. It also flickers just as I turn the switch off. Mine is a late model 993 with factory litronic bulbs. As did Michael, I switched the bulbs (the manual is NOT helpful in describing how to release the retaining collar). But even after the switch, the swapped (driver's side) bulb flickers slightly. So, logically, it's not a defective bulb, but a problem elsewhere in the line. What is my next step to getting illumination? A new OEM switch, or ballast? I'd welcome any suggestions before I start buying parts or paying a mechanic. Thanks, No Wasser in S.F.

P.S. I already bought a Bergvill HID conversion kit, erroneously assuming that I had typical 993 halogen lights. One burned out, so why not upgrade? When I started on the conversion, I discovered litronics bulbs in the lens assembly! Now I've got an unused Bervill HID Conversion Kit for the 993; 4300 Kelvin. Anyone interested, please contact me.

[Michael 9962000 Said: Thanks to all who took the time to read and reply. In order to set things straight: I took out the defective bulb, put in the bulb from the other head light , and it works just fine, so it is really only the one bulb that is no longer working (even though it is flickering for a moment upon turning the light switch). Now where to get a pair of replacement bulbs? I tried various internet sites( powerbulbs.com, plasmagarage.com, cqlight.ca, bulbs.com etc.), eBay, the local dealer, independent repair shops, and it all came down to this: the OEM Philips D2S 35W 85123 seem to be discontinued, nobody was able to tell me whether the 85122 or 85122+ will fit the bill( which I am tempted to buy for around $150 a pair).....Anybody knowledgeable out there who can help me out?}
Old 07-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sold a few of these in another thread somewhere on here, I have the D2S's click HERE

-Jason

Quick Reply: Litronic bulb replacement?