996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Tire ratings from PORSCHEUSA.COM

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
chago996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never mind, their weblink to the classic 911 tire recco. shows that they have done it a lot in the past
Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Adding fuel to the fire.

Contisport Contact 2 ---- absolute ****e. They give up the ghost after they get hot. But they ARE predictable at the limit

Bridgestone S02A ---- better grip, stiffer sidewall, harsher riding than the contis. They last a bit more and a little less gradual falloff at the limit but their limit is higher than the contis.

Michelin PS2 --- softer sidewall, better steady state grip, more comfortable ride, less noisy than either of the above. They do cost more, but I find them noticably better on the street and on the track. Initially, I found them less responsive because of the softer sidewall. The car had to settle into the turn so it felt like I needed to look into the suspension for some blown shock or something. But once they do settle in, they hang on for a lot longer than either the contis or the S02A.

In terms of mileage, I am getting about the same mileage out of all 3.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:11 PM
roperin
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I have used the P-zero's, Conti's, and MPS's on my cars. I think the MPS is the best of the bunch. The Conti's weren't bad, but you couldn't pay me to put the P-Zero's back on. Their grip levels are good, but after they get some wear into them they get super noisy.

+1 on that, mine were so bad i thought I had bad axle bearings, put some new ones on ( more toro rossos) and i was amazed because all the noise went away. But they stick, they do stick.

Quick Reply: Tire ratings from PORSCHEUSA.COM